1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Vietnamese-English translator needed

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Jonathan Lankford, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Jonathan Lankford

Jonathan Lankford New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi.

I'm writing on behalf of Faith International Partners, a small non-profit Baptist organization founded by and primarily run by Ben Bounds from Metro Baptist Church in Nashville, TN.

It is the sole mission of FIP to directly support local ethnic group leaders as they evangelize the ethnic group communities near their home. For example, in Vietnam, FIP has more than six supported pastors, all of ethnic minority and not technically Vietnamese. They also have day jobs and utilize their home as a small group training center.

Typically, there would be one national director in each country, but since the passing of the long-time national director of Vietnam many years ago, Ben at FIP has not been able to find a suitable replacement. As an American living and working in Vietnam, I have been doing the best I can to funnel financial support and translate reports from the local ethnic minority pastors. But I can no longer do this due to my own family and personal responsibilities.

Recently, Ben has been able to find one reliable and responsible Vietnamese Christian who help transfer funds and send him reports, but he cannot translate those reports due to his lack of English ability.

I am asking Vietnamese churches in the U.S. and missions agencies to contact Ben at FIP directly if they can help provide a volunteer to translate reports once every quarter (4 times per year), as well as translate an occasional application for support from ethnic minority leaders in Vietnam.

If your organization can help provide contact information for someone like this, it would be a literal God-send. Below is more information about FIP and Ben's contact information.

God bless you and may you prosper in His name.

Faith International Partners
    Security Check Required
    Ben's mobile: 615-479-0783
    Ben's office: 615-822-4229

2. Marooncat79

Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I left a message on the phone