1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Vintage Coca-Cola Sign Causes Stir in San Francisco

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Thousand Hills, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Thousand Hills

Thousand Hills Active Member

*Warning This Sign is Very Offensive* - Just kidding

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/02/2...gn-causes-stir-san-francisco/?test=latestnews

SAN FRANCISCO -- A vintage Coca-Cola sign decorating the side of a San Francisco house is falling flat with some residents.

City officials say the painted sign in the Bernal Heights neighborhood violates anti-billboard laws and must come down.

And that's not the only offensive thing about Richard Modolo's sign. Some residents also want it removed, saying it promotes obesity by advertising a sugary drink.

Supporters of the sign, which may date back to the 1930s, argue that it's a relic from the neighborhood's working-class past.

Supervisor David Campos, who represents the neighborhood, is weighing both sides and will decide whether to introduce legislation to keep the sign.

Meanwhile, Modolo has been told by the city that he could face a daily fine of $100 until the sign is gone.

2. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Oh ARGH! Sometimes I think a little persecution would work wonders for people who get their knickers in a knot over such things.

BTW I'm a long time fan of Coca-Cola stuff. I just love the look of it and the red and white colors. I was VERY happy to find out my mother-in-law is also a fan. :thumbs:

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    More insanity from San Francisco.

Idiots.

4. moral necessity

Site Supporter

If they wouldn't have traded away their private property rights for "protection" (ie. zoning), there would be no issue with the sign. Since they have made the trade, they should be happy they are being so protected.

5. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

haha yes indeed, vintage signs promote obesity. The calories gained every time some poor slob looks at one is terrible!