1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

vision casting?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by nodak, Aug 1, 2010.

1. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Jesus gave the vision a long time ago in Mt. 28:19, 20. Anything else is hocus pokus just by a different name.

2. nodak

nodak Active Member
    Site Supporter

Rev Mitchell--I should have said the BCNM website is full of what is IN MY OPINION New Age garbage a la Rick Warren.

Pastor Joe knows my opinion of Rick Warrenism and has for some time.

And he is even big enough to print letters to the editor of the Baptist New Mexican from folks that share my opinion. Last one I noticed was in May, I believe from a pastor in Portales or Clovis.

But then, he loves a lively debate and homemade tortillas. Especially the homemade tortillas.

When he was my pastor mucho mucho years ago he taught me to always check the trough for purity before I drink.......even if he had just filled the trough.

I looked up the verse where "if there is no vision the people perish" and did not find anything contextually that would encourage folks casting visions the way it is used in the church today.

3. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Isn't it amazingh how intelligent men leave their brains behind when they walk in the door of a church.

Jush McDowell wrote a book called "Don't Check Your Brains At The Door."

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Great door opener for Satan!

5. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

I first heard the term "vision casting" several years ago from a pastor who followed Warren in about all he did. As far as I know it wasn't the mystical sort talked about in the OP, but I have heard of it in other churches. I feel Warren dabbles too much into the new age stuff and then sells it in a blended way to traditional congregations. This is how Satan gets his stinking foot in the door.

6. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

A few years ago I was pastoring a church in a convention that had a deacon who was on the church growth board and I heard those sort of things from him. He also claimed that the Mormon bishop was a Christian!!