1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Visiting Churches

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by SaggyWoman, Aug 5, 2007.

?
  1. Methodist

19 vote(s)
    70.4%
  2. Presbyterian

18 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Pentecostal

19 vote(s)
    70.4%
  4. Assembly of God

13 vote(s)
    48.1%
  5. AME

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  6. Catholic

19 vote(s)
    70.4%
  7. Nazarene

6 vote(s)
    22.2%
  8. Lutheran

12 vote(s)
    44.4%
  9. Episcopal

11 vote(s)
    40.7%
  10. Other

16 vote(s)
    59.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Have you ever visited the following type churches?

2. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Every group listed except for the AME and Lutheren folks.

I've also dropped in on two different LDS stake meetings a number of years ago when I was studying Mormon life. Unfortunately, both times I happened to hit "Fast Sunday" where the local stake meeting consisted of testimonies for most of the entire service. (It was a little creepy to hear the same types of emotion-laden testimonies we hear in many of our Baptist churches that ended with "and I then believed that Joseph Smith was a true prophet of God." :tear: )

Over the years I've also attended various "Charismatic" faith-healing meetings put on by traveling charletons, including this one, and I recently attended Passover as the guest of a (non-Christian) Jewish friend.

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    When I managed a Christian radio station, I visted several churches of different denominations

4. Sopranette

Sopranette New Member

Sure! I have lots of friends who are not Baptist, and they know that I am, but they still invite me to their churches for special events in their lives. I'm flattered to be a part of the occasion. And I invite them to mine, as well. But I no longer go to other churches out of curiosity by myself, like I did when I was younger.

Love,

Sopranette

5. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I visit a Southern Baptist church whenever I visit my sister.

I visit a Independent Baptist church whenever I visit my mom.

I attend the local Methodist church once a year with our Boy Scouts since they sponsor the troop.

I attend Catholic churches for weddings and funerals.

I visited a Lutheran church once as the girl I was dating's mom was one of the pastors (boy, that seemed weird).

I visited an AoG church once as a good friend's daughter was baptized (even weirder).

6. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I have visited an LDS congregation before as well.

7. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I assumed you meant "visited" for a regular church service/meeting, not just for a special occasion. For me, Methodist would apply either way, and until I was about 8 I was sometimes taken to a Disciples of Christ church, so that's "other," and I went to kindergarten at an Episcopal church day school (we had no public kindergarten), which included chapel, so I included that. Among the other options I have only been 'there' for community meetings of some type or to vote a couple of times, which does not seem what was meant.

#7 Alcott, Aug 9, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2007
  8. Hopeful

Hopeful New Member

My closest friend in high school was Church of God and I attended church with her several times. My Dad was raised in a CoG orphanage, so his "roots" were in that and I attended with him as he visited an old church when I was about 14--I was scared to death. :)
    Visited Roman Catholic (class project), Methodist, Presbyterian, Lutheran, Episcopalian.