1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Visiting Heretical Churches

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Rippon, Jul 27, 2007.

1. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

What about praying to Mary and seeking salvation through her?

2. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

I disagree on all accounts...

3. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

I have been to one church service that I remember or at least in the past couple of years. It was a non-denominational church, thinking that it was similar to the larger Bible churches in neighboring cities, my wife, son, and I went there.

We arrived right as services began, apparently from what I witnessed there was only some music playing and a bunch of people up by the altar bawling and sqawling. Church hadn't even began and it was already getting rowdy. My stomach started aching and my head pounding. Very similar to when you are about to do something horribly wrong and you get literally sick. Needless to say, my wife and I got up, went the the Children's Church room scooped the boy and left.

If I would have been expecting that type of service and goings on that I saw that morning, I might have sat through the entire service for the educational/learning experience, but I wasn't ready for that and something didn't feel right.

I would go again though, now that I know what lies beyond those doors...

4. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

After talking one-on-one with several Russians, I am thinking about going to a Russian church to see which account is accurate.

5. Joe

Joe New Member

"But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner—not even to eat with such a person."

Since many in church are called "brother", I think it would be risky. Knowing you will have an opportunity to witness to a certain person(s) might be a good reason, otherwise you have done what the Lord didn't want. My two cents

We live in a small town, so I would be afraid my Christian walk would appear compromised if I attended a few churches here in town whom I believe are a Cult. I have visited a Kingdom Hall (Jehovah Witnesses) upon the agreement this JW acquaintance attend our church with us the following Sunday. After we attended, she refused to visit our church. Oh well....but later on a few people asked me if I was studying with the JW's because they heard I attended a Service. One person agreed to attend their JW church service the following week because they somehow thought they could sit by me.

#25 Joe, Jul 30, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2007