1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Vote American, Vote Christian

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by The Biblicist, Oct 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I understand what you are saying about other posters. But hey even I need a sounding board to make a point now and then. Look at it as an "alliance of convenience". :smilewinkgrin:

Speaking of which you said . . .

"You look at it as a permanent alliance, while to me, it is an alliance of convenience."

Not permanent you say?

The rich ruleth over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender. (Proverbs 22:7)

Maybe not permanent but it looks as though the struggle for independence from "lenders" has been going on quite a long time doesn't it?

The history of money is a long and interesting story. Our troubles with the bankers started before we even became the United States of America. We booted them out a couple times but they always came back.

Most recently in 1913 because they knew going all the way back to Baron Von Rothschild that whoever controlled a nation's money supply controlled the nation. They knew what the author of the above proverb knew . . . "the borrower is servant to the lender." And they wanted our government to be their servant permanently. Or at least until they could rob us of the last ounce of wealth we possessed. When you have some spare time you should watch this video it tells the history of money. It is . . .

An Entertaining but hard hitting look at how the problems we have today are nothing new, and why leaders throughout our history have warned us and fought against the current type of financial system we have in America today.

It's called The American Dream.

George Carlin said "it's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."

Sadly most people today are still fast asleep when it comes to knowing how our money is created. We need to wake up.

Oh yeah and what you call an "alliance of convenience" would more accurately be described as corporate fascism. As Mussolini explained fascism is more appropriately called corporatism or the merging of business and government. How anyone can look at our government with all it's bankers and corporitos in high office and not smell the fascism is beyond my powers of comprehension. But then our government education system is geared towards cranking out good workers able only to function as cogs in our corporately structured society instead of educating people how to be critical thinking and well adjusted functioning members of free a market society.

Maybe my less than stellar performance in school wasn't so bad as my parents thought it was eh? I have always been one of those "non conformist" types. ;)

If I vote at all it'll probably be for Gary Johnson. Yes I disagree with his pro choice stance and his idea about a federal consumption tax but his ideas about liberty and following the constitution are closer to my convictions. To me being pro life is more than just protecting the lives of pre born children. Gary Johnson would at least try to end all these illegal immoral unconstitutional wars we find ourselves in and that would save a whole lot of lives. That's probably hundreds of thousands more lives including Christian lives of our brothers and sisters in the middle east and north Africa than a republicrat like Romney with his empty shell "pro life" rhetoric will ever save by doing nothing but talking the talk to win pro lifers votes. And besides what good is being pro life if we haven't even got the ability to protest against abortion without fear of being "disappeared" without benefit of due process by a government that views anyone that is anti abortion as a terrorist? We won't be doing any pre born children or anyone else any good at all in the gulag our government is busy preparing for us.

As far as legalizing drugs goes that'll never happen the banking cartel and the government make too much in profits laundering the money for the drug cartels some 500 billion a year according to some estimates. And prostitution? Well, that's another big money maker for the government isn't it. The government is never going to legalize anything it depends so heavily on for revenues. Myself I don't think the government has any right to tell us what we cannot put into our bodies but they do and they also force us to put poison in our bodies. Take Obama and Romney for instance they both partnered up with with the big biotech companies that push their GMO poison on us but what do they eat? Organic baby! That's right, nothin but the best of God's bounty for them but the rest us peons have to settle for pesticide laced GMO crops and poisoned water so their clients and campaign donors can keep filling their pocket with cash! Hard to believe? Look up proposition 37 and see who's fighting the hardest to keep GMO off the labels of our food. That's right they don't want us to know which of their money making poisons are in our food! Both Obama and Romney are in the pockets of the big biotech companies.

That's another reason why I won't be voting for either of these criminal hypocrites.

God help us if Johnny down the street is allowed to smoke a joint now and again. Better for the private prison industry if Johnny gets a life sentence for being in possession of a little green bag because that means more $$$ for them the longer Johnny stays incarcerated. Yeah the private prison industry or "complex" as it has grown huge on little crimes has it's own lobbyists in DC working to make everything illegal and sentences for even the smallest infractions longer and longer because it means bigger and bigger profits for a handful of people.

Keeping drugs and prostitution illegal has nothing to do with protecting innocent law abiding citizens but it has everything to do with protecting the obscene profits of a few crooks and criminals in high places. It might make us feel more secure having these things illegal and it might even satisfy our need to force our "high morals" on others but it has not one thing to do with protecting law abiding citizens. Hemp is illegal because it protects the profits of a few crooks who make plastic did you know that? And there isn't any chemicals or compounds there of in hemp that will get a person "high". None! Hey thanks brother I think you just talked me into voting for Gary Johnson because he isn't scared to death about allowing people to pursue life liberty and happiness like the majority of folks here are.

Now after all that you and I have been through here the last few weeks if you still choose to vote for one of the two corporate fascists that will do nothing to curb abortions and that will continue to support Islamic extremists that will gleefully go on with their murderous rampage paid for by our tax dollars who am to question your choice, right?

#21 poncho, Oct 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2012
  2. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

There is no sinless candidate running for any office in the land anywhere. So it is always a choice between the lesser of two evils when or if you choose to vote.

Christians are said to be "light" and "salt" and both have impact upon evil influence. Voting is one way to have impact so that the lessor of two evils prevails. We are told to pray for those in leadership (1 Tim. 2:1) for the purpose that we might live in peace. Hence, why not vote for the lessor of two evils so that we can live in greater peace than otherwise.

Just common sense and responsible exercise of freedom to influence a corrupt government for the better not for sinless perfection.

3. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

A vote for Gary Johnson is a vote for Barak Obama, so why don't you just vote directly for Obama since that is the end effect of your vote.

A vote for anyone but Romney is a vote for Barak Obama. So really, every vote cast is for Obama unless it is cast for Romney as any vote for Johnson or any other candidate is in reality voting for Obama regardless of how one may justify that vote.

One may decry our two party system and rebell against it by voting for another party but that rebelling is in all reality supporting the greater of the two evils.

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When I find a true Christian I will vote for him.

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Hmmm, good question! How am I going to answer that?

Well, to tell you truth I'd rather vote for Gary Johnson even if my vote did help get Obama elected because I wouldn't be voting directly to support Islamic extremism and sending my own country to hell like you. Sure it might be a more round about way of achieving the same thing but at least I'd sleep good after the election knowing I wasn't a total hypocrite.

But you do what you feel is best for you okay? :smilewinkgrin:

#25 poncho, Oct 28, 2012
  6. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Good for you! Abstinence is the best policy after all. :thumbs:

7. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

Exactly!

As much as I disagree with Romney, he is the lessor of two evils. As much as I try to find reasons not to vote or to vote 3rd party, I keep coming back to one fact. If I don't vote for the lessor of two evils I AM voting for the greater.

Further, I'm using my one vote to vote against rather than vote for. When I mark my ballot for Romney what I'm actually doing is cancelling another's vote for Obama. Staying at home and not voting does not cancel another's vote for Obama. Voting 3rd party does not cancel another's vote for Obama.

We can talk all we want about the greed and corruption in government. Spend more time talking about the elite rich controlling that very government. We can take the time to discuss how global warming and similar topics dupe the unwary into yielding more control to those in power. Both in office and those behind the scenes pulling the strings. Additionally, we can talk about how the Constitution is being destroyed, and a host of other related items.

What I rarely see discussed is that the Christian majority in this country allowed all of this to come about. For approximately 100 years, since the days of Woodrow Wilson, Christians have allowed, piece by piece, what we have today, to be built in Washington and elsewhere. The many allowed a few the freedom to determine the course this nation has taken.

We didn't vote them out of office when we could. We either stayed at home or found an excuse to keep them in power. We stayed quiet when our voices should have be raised in outrage with each step that condoned sin. Murder of the unborn is probably the best example. Now we are watching the final stages of the destruction of Biblical marriage. Many (the majority?) Christians have been seduced into waving banners of "tolerance" and "love" of those who practice an obscene perversion that IS CONDEMMED in God's word.

That brings me to my next point. For the last 100 years where is the evidence that the Christian majority have been on their knees in prayer to our Creator for His help in keeping this nation from turning from Him? Asking Him to hold satan's forces at bay? Asking Him to touch hearts and bring about another great revival? Is there any evidence that we've done (self-included) anything more than pray for ourselves as individuals? Prayers for what we personally want first and foremost.

Debt was mentioned earlier. How many of the Christian majority rant and rave about the debt that the government has incurred? Yet, at the same time they are up to their eyeballs in personal debt. We allowed the ethics of staying out of debt to be turned into the "shop until you drop" mantra. How many who rail against big bankers have made themselves slaves to the very same taskmasters?

Are we any different from the Hebrews who went into slavery in Egypt? If I understand scriptures correctly they gradually became enslaved rather than being forced into slavery. Are we, as Christians, any different? Over the last 100 years we have allowed ourselves to become enslaved, through our wants and desires (personal greed), to those who we've also allowed to control the government.

With this election, will the Christian majority be any different? How many more times will our Creator allow us the opportunity to raise our collective voices (prayer and votes) to affect the course this nation has taken?

In a few short days, we'll know the choice of the majority of the voters. We'll know our choice of the lessor or greater of evils. We'll know if we've possibily sealed our fate, as God's patience may be nearing an end.

8. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

After getting a good night's sleep on election night, will you wake up the next morning and thank God that your vote for Johnson gave 4 more years of control over your life to Obama? If Obama wins this election, will you remain silent over the next 4 years because you did not use a God given opportunity to take a direct stance against him?

Uhmmmm............

Hypocrite?
    Self-righteous?

Oh well......... as you said:

Agree.

9. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

That's not going to happen this time around brother, so in the mean time, let's turn to scripture.

1 Timothy 2:1-3 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

Now one of those fellows is going to president, so no matter which one it is, we are told to pray for them.

But which one do you think is more likely to let us "live a quiet and peaceable" life as Christians?

10. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I cannot count the times I have posted that the two major nominees are a reflection of us. Also, it is like most on this board, same old pattern. There is a flurry of postings from March to November of the Presidential election year. (no actual grass roots work, but postings, let your fingers do the walking). Instead of starting now to get decent nominees in 2016, the election will pass, people will do nothing for three years and a few months until March 2016, when the same old tired pattern is repeated.

Look at the quality of nominees on both sides since 1988.

11. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well dont you be that guy....the one that becomes complacent. YOU CHRISTIAN, you work & pray that you can bring people to Christ because ony a Christian (one with a changed mind, heart & conscience) will teach & show by example his better Christian self. Work in your own small community to help the widows & orphans & the destitute to have hope (I recall a guy named Mr. Ed Schultz who did good for me & my brother when we were poor & fatherless....try to be like Mr Ed (LOL).

Effect change in your local politics (Im trying to do that more after neglecting it for 54 Years & watching my town go down the rat hole because of crooked political hacks who stole from it while I was not paying attention). Rescue an animal from a pound & give that creature a life filled with love. Do something about your state government....write your Congressman & Senators to get stuff done. Go on local blogs & make your voice known. Do all these things Christian & more and show the world that you are an active participant in God's Kingdom because you have a leg up as God will bless you & help you & lead you in the important stuff. God is not calling us into our heads, yet we have lived there so long that we have forgotten how to actively be Salt & Light to the world. Change that Christian & start by doing something that make a solid contribution to God's Kingdom.....thats what he put you here for Christian.

12. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Nice try again to justify voting for that which is against Christ. No one said anything about a sinless candidate. Folks just need to stop acting like it's the GODLY thing to do.

This is all about men and what they want. It ain't got a thing to do with God because God ain't calling any Christian to elevate the platform of that which is against Him.

Light doesn't support darkness.

This is crazy. If you're light, you should be looking for light to prevail. So why do that which helps evil to prevail? why not just start worshiping satan?

Ungh ungh. Scripture says 14 Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness? 15 What accord has Christ with Belial?Or what portion does a believer share with an unbeliever? 2 Cor. 6:14-15

God hasn't called anyone to support that which is against HIM in an effort to live in peace. Yall need to stop twisting Scripture to justify this wickedness.

It's obviously not always a GODLY thing to be so common. You don't influence corruption by supporting a lesser degree of corruption. That's crazy.

#32 Zaac, Oct 28, 2012
  13. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Perhaps it is time to forget about what candidate is more likely to help US and to focus on acknowledging GOD in everything we do? Does it help the case of Christ to support either evil candidate?

14. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Voting for evil, lessor or otherwise does nothing but help evil thrive.

You seem to be thinking about the two candidates and not about Christ. How does voting for evil honor Christ?

Happens because we lose focus. The focus should be on Christ. Not the lesser of two evils.

Voting for ANY candidate mired in evil does nothing to allay this. The only thing that will ever change this is for Christians to forget about what they want and how they think it can be fixed. And to focus on what GOD wants and what he has already commissioned us to do. Supporting ANY evil is not going to change anything.

And that is PRECISELY what is taking place during this election. If it were not, there is NO WAY we'd even be thinking about supporting someone who is against God in the manner that both Romney and Obama have shown themselves to be.

And many will vote for the candidate they believe capable of protecting their pocketbooks and financial legacies that they have planned to leave to their kids and grandkids.

Nope. Voting for any degree of evil does the exact same thing.

And He gave us the choice again to put Him first. we've collectively chosen the lesser of two evils over Him.

In a few short days, we could show the world that Christ is more important to us than an election and not support either of the two evil candidates.

15. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This entire stupid argument is based on the unproven assumption that one or both of the candidates is evil.

That assumption has not been proven to be true therefore the "lesser of two evils" nonsense is a false argument.

A vote for Obama is a vote FOR socialism, abortion of children at any time even after their partial birth, and a vote to abandon living babies and allowing them to die slow, painful deaths. A vote for Obama is a vote for the end of the bill of rights and the loss of our hard won liberty.

A vote for Romney is a vote for capitalism, life, liberty, and the well being of our once great nation.

A vote for anybody except Romney is a vote that will give Obama a second them and the destruction of our way of life.

16. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

So Zaac, you never did answer which was the last Presidential candidate of the two major parties you would have graced with your vote, according to your most excellent standards? Of course, your true motivation is well known. By the way, is Christ running for the office of Savior? Who is His opponent?

17. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Has this been proven?

Has this been proven.

So what? Perhaps our way of life deserves to be destroyed because we're like whitewashed tombs pretending to care about Christ on the outside while supporting that which is against Him.

18. SovereignMercy

Faith:
    Baptist
    God calls evil evil. Bib, I thought you believed in total depravity. Romney is a big time mormon. Read up on what they believe. I am not voting for the "lesser" of two evils again. I will pray to the One who is really in control of all human events though. And look only for His return. I don't see Jesus approving/voting for a man who thinks He is a created being and that Lucifer is His bro and then say he is more moral than Obama. And no I would never vote for him either.

19. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

It's a crazy notion that CHRISTIANS would support evil at all. You would think we would have learned by now to stop supporting a candidate just because a political party says "Hey, here's who we are putting up as our candidate. So pinch your nose, hold your breath, throw out any convictions about what God's word says and support what we give you".

enough is enough.

Amen, Amen, and Amen!!!:applause::applause::applause:

20. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

So just how far are willing to go to uphold your self righteous proclamations?

Have you stopped paying taxes to our "evil" government? Have you stopped using any products that were produced by government funded bailouts?
    The real power in Washington isn't even the president. It's in the Legislative branch. That's where the laws are made. The President has no power to make laws.
    <PA deleted - LE>.

#40 Amy.G, Oct 28, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.