1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Voters distrust 'diluted' GOP

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A conservative non-profit organization has completed a study that shows the liberal tsunami on Election Day 2008 was not because the country wanted to move radically to the left, but because voters wanted to punish Republicans for abandoning conservative principles.

The American Issues Project (AIP) has released its report known as "Issue Autopsy '08," which came from a survey of swing-state voters in Colorado, Florida, Ohio, and Virginia. AIP president Ed Martin says the survey indicates that despite the disastrous showing by the GOP, the country is not really that liberal. He says the "shellacking" delivered to the Republican Party last week reveals the party is "diluted" to the point where the American people do not really know what the GOP stands for anymore.

More Here

2. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

Hate is Blind

I don't care how enlightened a person is once they start hating... They are blind...

Yes, Bush hatred was the crux of the matter...

But, I would offer this rebuttal for the assertion that people don't know what a given party stands for anymore...

It is a problem but not nearly the problem of the majority of people naming the Name of Christ no longer knowing what they believe or stand for...

Mike Sr.

3. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

I think this may be correct. I voted for McCain anyway but it was more to vote against Obama. Next time I'm going to consider a party that does represent strong conservative principles and, if the Republicans don't show some real good signs back in that direction, it won't be them that get my vote. I have doubts they can meet my expectations!

4. SpiritualMadMan

Question...

Can a national secular party be expected to make and maintain perfect Christian Tenants when we as Christians can't totally agree amongst ourselves?

As Christians in America we have dual citizenship. Granted are allegiance must be first and foremost heavenly.

But, America is a secular pluralistic nation. Granted it was founded on and for Christian Principles.

But, we are called to be Salt, not the main course...

In this case the most palatable seasoning, IMHO, was McCain. As he offered the longest delay in the inevitable rot.

(Due because the church has been losing it's savor for decades. Not enough salt the meat will go bad.)

If we lose the Nation nothing else matters except being recalled home...

Mike Sr.

5. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Why should all Christians vote for the same party? Unless you think it's desirable to try to combine faith and politics. I say that's destructive for the church.

6. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Same source, added perspective

7. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I noticed you seemed to defend the black churches who made Hussein the focus of their 'services.' Is that destructive?

8. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

You really do believe this don't you?

Otherwise no one here is suggesting that Christians must vote for the same party.

What I hear others saying is that God never changes. God's principals for Christian living doesn't change. As anyone else, Christians make choices, and many choose to base those choices on godly principals, out of love for our LORD. Some Christians see these principals more clearly than others, but, presumably, most all do base their choices..... even political, based upon those principals which they practice.

Any party at any time may start supporting these principals or may chose to leave these principals.... so it is not any party that 'owns' Christian loyalty. It is the choice of party leadership and the choice of those running under the political umbrellas which offer the Christian choices, and some Christians are guided more by Christian principals then others. No party. Just principals.

9. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Let me get this straight: the GOP was "punished for abandoning conservative principles," and the punishment was to elect more Democrats???

10. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And Spirtit filed Christians say we are not to live dual hypocritical lives.

11. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Most fellow Republicans I know voted against Obama but not for McCain, some voted for McCain, some just didn't vote at all claiming neither met their requirements, and others switched sides just to try "change" without really understanding what it could mean. This is a scientific analysis but just a sample of what perhaps a couple dozen friends have told me. It's not that difficult to understand.

12. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

So they cut off their noses to spite their faces?
    Interesting.......

I guess they have nobody to blame but themselves for what could possibly happen in an Obama Presidency.

Regards,
    BiR

13. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Yes, you can say that of those that took the course of voting for the opponent as a "protest" or or not voting at all.

14. SpiritualMadMan

If There's a fork in the road...

*ALL* Christians should VOTE their Christian Principles and Morals FIRST...

No Party is *ever* going to match a True Christians Principles or Morals...

Which ever Candidtae has the Voting Record and platform that most closely matches a True Christians Principles and Morals should get the Vote of All True Christians...

It's kinda like taking a long wilderness hike and deciding which foods to take... Which will stay edible the longest... Which can be preserved the longest...

I love tuna fish salad... But, I dare say once the tin is opened... Give it a few days and....

Obama smells really good for the moment. All fresh and tasty...

But, give it a while and his true smell will come forth...

Sorry folks, although I do not believe Obama is the antiChrist, I have to ask if the antichrist could possibly have any more undeserved charisma than Obama???

Mike Sr.
    I know a lot of Conservative don't like Condi Rice... But, I sure wish she would have run so we could get the Race Issue out of this discussion about Faith, Ethics, Morals and Principles...