1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Voting Day (Again) in Georgia

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Wingman68, Dec 6, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    BF0B3AEA-29BC-45D9-B964-40E1A2022F85.jpeg

What if people could see a simple chart on candidate’s positions in every election? I know my sister already voted in Georgia. I know how she voted. She voted against her beliefs, but she doesn’t even realize it. Can’t be bothered to question how she’s always voted. Gets aggravated with the news, the commercials, the attitudes surrounding her, the direction of the country………..but she always votes………..

2. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's a tough one. Obviously it would be wrong to vote for Warnock given the DNC platform. But why GA ended up with Walker is beyond me.

Recently it seems that we get the worst of the bunch. GA has much better (and with much better chances of getting that seat).

If I voted (and was in GA) I'd want Warnock out, but I wouldn't want Walker in.

3. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The chart in the OP makes it clear Mr. Walker says he hold the views I hold, whereas, according to the chart, the Dem does not.

But like JonC, will many voters choose not to vote for Mr. Walker because of all the charges brought against him by the Dems?

I watched the judge get "borked." I saw the high tech lynching of an uppity black. I heard the charge a nominee was a gang rapist. I heard the laptop had all the indicators of Russian disinformation. The endless charges against truth coming from the left needs to end, the voters need to say "enough."

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    It isn't what the Dems say about Walker. I don't trust either side.

And I realize that good people lie. I know Walker was in the NFL spot light and may have felt pressure (even if self imposed).

But my main complaint against Biden (as a person, i.e., aside from his platform) was his integrity. That was one reason he failed in his previous runs for President.

How can I expect a higher degree of integrity from Democrat candidates than I would for Republican candidates? How can I pretend Walker is honest when I know he is not?

The answer, of course, is of I were a Republican (Republicans and Democrats ignore the flaws in their candidates while focusing on the flaws of their opponents). But I belong to neither party.

My complaint is not that Walker is a worse candidate than Warnock. You can't really get worse than Warnock.

My complaint is neither are good candidates for political office.

Georgia has better people, better potential candidates. They have to.

5. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Walker is a good man. He has a past, but so do I. Thank God for His grace.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then your Governor, LT Gov, senior and Junior Senators much be bad people. They all campaigning and fundraising for Walker. All saying he will be a great Senator.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are playing your usual game. State the obvious, that the DNC platform is unacceptable, which begs the supposition that you are conservative, but then proceed to trash any Repub who always falls into the lessor of evils category, & they don’t deserve your vote because lessor is still evil. You take the ‘high’ road by not voting. Why do you feel the need to reiterate this? Maybe no Christian should vote? Jesus will never personally be on the ballot, but we may lose any public sighting of Him if no Christian were ever to vote.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is exactly what he does. Dems are evil and Republicans are not perfect so I am too self-righteous to vote for either.
    Herschel has a past. I am perfect, so I can't vote for a repentant sinner. Warnock is evil, but Herschel had some affairs many years ago. Warnock's ex wife is on body cam hysterical because Warnock tried to kill her, but oh well, Herschel is not perfect so can't vote for him.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think he is a good man as well.

I only wish he would address areas we know were past mistakes.

I chalk up the abuser accusation to politics (as far as I can tell he was not convicted) and Warnock is just the pot calling the kettle black.

That said, one huge issue with Biden is integrity. I cannot be honest and address that while ignoring Walker has the same issue.

I guess there is one major difference. Biden lied as a Senator. Walker was a football player.

10. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The DNC platform is unacceptable. It is the sins of Romans 3.

I can understand why a Christian would vote GOP, but I cannot understand why a Christian would ever consider voting DNC (regardless of the candidate).

I am not waiting for a perfect candidate. I'd love to see an honest one, but the candidates are not the reason I do not vote.

11. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What has Herschel not addressed?
    He has called out his accusers and they remain in hiding. He answered the police impersonation charges. Sheriff gave him a badge and told him he was a deputy. That's on the Sheriff. He never said he worked "for" a l.e. agency. He said he worked "with" them. He did indeed do just that. He worked WITH them in the schools in doing programs and appearances. Warnock is the one telling lies.

12. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You don't vote because you have let the perfect become the enemy of the good.

13. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lol....that is a pretty stupid claim.

If I voted and lived across the river I'd vote for Walker.

I would prefer Walker address instances where he lied (just saying "my bad" would be fine). The reason is I hold integrity an important trait.

The candidates have nothing to do with the reason I do not vote (which is, BTW, none of your business to critique).

14. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know why you don't vote. You let the perfect become the enemy of the good.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    One of the things I detested about Biden is h8s misrepresentation of his education (his claim to have graduated with honors from law school, multiple degrees, etc when he graduated at the bottom of his class).

I have seen a motivation speech Walker talk about graduating from the University of Georgia in the top 1% of his class. Now he denies making the statement (Walker did mot graduate from the University of Georgia).

If a man cannot be trusted with the small stuff, how can he be trusted with the big stuff?

16. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So the potential for the worst candidate to be elected is abetted by a NON_VOTE from those who decide to choose NO evil. (If one is so strong in this belief of not selecting the lesser of two evils, how does one justify normal everyday commerce with equally (less?) evil merchants etc.??)
    Our constitution (God given, IMHO) gives the individual citizen the opportunity to state his choice for various gov't leaders. Ergo, when shirking this opportunity, the advantage goes to those who DO want an evil leader.
    I do wonder what God will say to those who, when given such an opportunity, refuse to take advantage of it & allow the greater of two evils to be elected?!:(:(

• Winner Winner x 2
  17. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You obviously do not know why I don't vote, as proven by your ignorance of what I believe here.

The reasons I do not vote is none of your business, just as the reason you do is none of mine.

There is no need for you to make up views for me.

You can ask me why I don't vote - that would be fine. But I am under no obligation to answer you - that would be up to me.

18. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Link to the claim?

19. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not at all.

When Christians vote for a candidate they need to do so prayerfully and vote their conscience.

When Christians abstain from voting they need to do so prayerfully and vote their conscience.

The only thing here I find evil and sinful are Christians who encourage other believers to act against their convictions in regard to secular politics.

20. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have said why you don't vote. You have said so quite a few times. I have no need to ask you. You accusing anyone of dishonesty is funny. I thought @Salty told everyone to knock off the dishonesty accusations. That must fall into rules for me that don't apply to JohnnyC.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.