1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VP Gore and wife separate

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Salty, Jun 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mississippi John

AS proclaimed by Judge JohnDeereFan......I'm sure they are crushed that you don't consider them a brother and sister in Christ.

:tonofbricks:

2. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If Gore wasn't lying, then he is grossly incompetent, in which case, it was foolish for liberals to try to run him as a presidential candidate.

Actually, I'm torn. On the one hand, you have a busybody yenta who wants to censor free speech and on the other, you have a Marxist conspiracy nut who wants to base our economy on his delusions.

I don't know who to root for.

3. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wonder if anybody else sees the irony in that Mississippi John, by proclaiming me to be judgemental, has just judged me.

I doubt it.

4. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Separations and/or divorce should give us pause and sadden us.

Regardless of our politics we are all human, fallible, and in need of grace. How we can devalue a person in a time of spiritual and emotional need in order to score some cheap political points is beyond me.

Nevertheless, I am reminded to pray for this family and the others in my ministry area. Satan takes great happiness in dividing God's children.

5. Mississippi John

Great post preachinjesus !!!

6. preachinjesus

Site Supporter

How is this a situation where you can root for someone over another? I'm rooting for their marriage.

A better question: how can you invalidate someone's Christianity by their political choices?

Maybe I've just never found that Scripture that says "We are saved by faith in right-wing 21st Century American political positions"

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Bingo! Post of the thread!

8. RAdam

RAdam New Member

You can both be saddened by yet another high profile American divorce and still think Al Gore is a liar and a hypocrite with respect to global warming. One can still soberly look at the sad rate of divorce in modern American society and still call out sin for what it is. I'm convinced some of you would have called the preaching of Jesus Christ hard. You surely are aware that He was known to call people out for being liars and hypocrites.

BTW, I'll just as quickly call out Republicans who cheat on their wives, lie to the public, etc.

9. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

That's a good question. I thought were saved by faith in Christ, not faith in Christ plus right-wing politics.

10. Cutter

Cutter New Member

RAdam, I have tried to admonish you on one inconvenient truth, and you continue to post more. :tonofbricks:

11. preachinjesus

Site Supporter

Sort of hard to show compassion and while your arm is around someone call them an idiot for a completely unrelated matter.

In these situations compassion, not politics, is the rule.

12. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wouldn't know. I never says you could.

I get the feeling there are a lot of scripture you've never found.

13. RAdam

RAdam New Member

I'm not playing politics. I'm saying that guy is a liar and a hypocrite with regards to global warming. His politics have nothing to do with it. His lying to people about global warming and the fact that he is leaving a far bigger carbon footprint than the average American all while preaching this junk to those same Americans has everything to do with it.

I'll repeat this again since you missed it. I'd call out a Republican just as quick for the same offenses.

14. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Exactly! Thank you!

15. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Any you are totally off topic as the thread is about his separation from Tipper.

16. targus

targus New Member

And tonight the part of Kettle will be played by Crabby.

17. TomVols

TomVols New Member

As a Tennesseean who knows many of his old staffers well, I know more than most on here who spout off on both sides. While I hate to see what Gore's politcs have become, I couldn't care less about his politics right now, nor his multi-church affiliation; the fact that a long marriage like this will possibly be ending, hurting two spouses AND children AND grandchildren in the process....well, if you're gloating or anything but sympathetically prayerful right now, you need to enter the Roman Road on your Garmin or TomTom.

If GW and Laura were separating, the left would be pouncing and the right would be crying a river. Pathetic that we'll sacrifice Biblical compassion on the altar of partisanship.

18. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Even more off topic. Try to understand the topic is Gore and Tipper's separation.

Are you happy or sad about this?

19. targus

targus New Member

No more or less than I am about the marital status of any other people that I do not know.

20. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Powerful, clear post. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.