1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waite's taking of examples from Scrivener

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Logos1560, Mar 15, 2005.

1. Logos1560

Logos1560 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would appreciate some input from those who hold a KJV-only view and others about what you think that Waite's first sentence in his response to the statement about Scrivener means. I take
    this sentence literally to mean what it says. I want to be as fair to him as possible and check and see if I am understanding his sentence in the way that those who hold a KJV-only view understand it.

In his book entitled CENTRAL SEMINARY REFUTED ON BIBLE VERSIONS, D. A. Waite quoted the following statement from a book published by Central Seminary: "Scrivener lists several changes that have taken place in the KJV over the years"
    (p. 78).

Waite then responded with the following comments:

"I take these same examples in my study, THE KJV 1611 COMPARED TO THE PRESENT KJV. I list not only consecutively from Genesis to Revelation in the back, but also alphabetically the words which were changed. Also I list the words that have a substance change." (p. 78) He then listed
    some examples of changes.