1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wanting to be saved

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by darrell2, May 6, 2009.

1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Darrel, the last chapter in Lee Stobel's book A Case For Faith deals with doubt, and is an excellent read.

2. historyb

historyb New Member

That is decidely untrue

There is none

You have given your opinjon nothing more and you have no idea what or why he thinks that way. Don't get all self righteous with me as if you know everything bub

To often Christians decide to act on their own and declare something a sin when there is no sin as modern fundamentalist are want to do.

Baloney!

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

historyb, while I agree with you on this issue, let's not derail this thread. You and canadyjd should hash it out on it's own thread.

4. historyb

historyb New Member

Agreed.

Sorry about derailing your thread darrell2

5. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Darell2...

God bless you.

Has there ever been a time in your life where you have, in response to being convicted that you are lost and need to be saved, placed your faith 100%, fully and completly, in Christs work on your behalf, dying for your sins and giving you the free gift of eternal life?

I'm not talking about "coming forward" because someone told you to do that to be saved, or being water baptised because someone told you to do that to be saved, or "stopping all your sinning" (as if that were possible) because someone told you to do that to be saved.

No. None of that.

Placing your faith fully, completly and permanently in Christ to save you and secure you for heaven.

Have you ever done that?

#25 Alive in Christ, May 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2009
  6. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Darrell-- Yes or No: Do you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ?

Paul said "Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved."

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

That needs to be clarified...since the demon's believe.

8. zrs6v4

zrs6v4 Member

Darrell- I am 23 and I went through just what you are going through about 18 months ago and was saved around that time. I also drank, did drugs, was materialistic, and lived life for "ME". There were two main keys that delivered me away from this bondage (whether you are saved or not is not my say). The bondage you are having, if it is like mine was, is fear of self-deception, correct? You are scared that you have missed something and have tons of scary thoughts racing through your mind continually as you meditate on trying to find a solution. The solution for me was searching the Bible, the New Testament in honest prayer with God about my feelings. At some point of going through this terrifying time in my life I decided and truly wanted to just freely give my everything to the Lord Jesus as I was sorry beyond words for my sin and knew how much I needed Him. Another way to put it was I grabbed onto Jesus with my life and turned everything over to Him as if I was falling off of a cliff to my death and He was that branch that I could grab, my only hope.

I also wanted to say that sin will never stop clawing on your door until the day you die, and we must fight it until the day we die so that we can love and honor Jesus with all our hearts. That is the least we could do for the great love He has for us. Trust me you will always make mistakes but never let our weakness become an excuse and be decieved.

As for not sinning- It is important we remain pure before God, but the way to look at it is not burdensome in a condemning way. We need to not sin because we love the Lord and long to remain in His fellowship. We know from our past how devistating it is, but dont feel like you are going to be cut off from God if you sin (one who isnt in Christ is already cut off and under God's wrath). We are to want to not sin by faith as we hate sin. When we are saved Christ is the substitute for us, because of His grace He took the wrath of God for our sins. When the Bible refers to us as being clothed in white garments or cleansed through the blood of Christ it means just that. On the cross He took all our sin upon Himself once and forever and made a transfer of His perfection for our wretchedness. Therefore as we strive for righteousness we can know that because of Christ's payment for us that even when we unintentionally stumble or fall away that we will still be looked upon as perfect in the Final Judgment. Fear isnt bad because it should always draw us back into fellowship with God.

Rev 22:17- The Spirit and the Bride say, “Come.” And let the one who hears say, “Come.” And let the one who is thirsty come; let the one who desires take the water of life without price.

Salvation is an unearned free gift of God, and all you have to do is just "Come" as you seem to desire and take rest in Christ. Make Him be your life and your reason for living, if you havent already and keep your focus on Him. Everytime you have a problem like this you take it to Him and whenever you dont have a problem take it to Him. Get to know Him and understand what He has to say (In His Word).

#28 zrs6v4, May 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2009
  9. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

John 5:24 is my favorate promise. The Gospel of John may help!:praying: