1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WARNING: Newest PC Virus Info/Read ASAP

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Nov 17, 2009.

1. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

You might not understand it since I never said you were trying to mislead or harm anyone. I just made a joke that your posts are are factually wrong. No, I don't believe you are intentionally trying to mislead anyone. I do believe that you honestly believe everything you say to be true.

I also find it interesting how in a PM, you told me that since I didn't address you by "Pastor" I was sinning since I wasn't showing proper respect for your office, yet Robert Snow can go without the title of Pastor ("I thank you Righteousdude for trying to help others.") and it isn't a problem. A slight bit hypocritical, since you honestly believe it is a sin for someone to not call you Pastor Paul. As a refresher, here's your quote from PM:

2. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again, I Must Have Stepped on Your.....

Toes, and I truly apologize. What I wrote to you in the PM was meant solely for you. I trust that you don't want me to make public your attitude per your responses in PM's to me?

I have had a difficult time with you brother....as you seem to be quite vile toward nearly everything I post on the Board, i.e., "I just made a joke that your posts are are factually wrong. No, I don't believe you are intentionally trying to mislead anyone. I do believe that you honestly believe everything you say to be true."

Is that something you can honestly prove [that EVERYTHING I post is factually wrong?] Come on, Matt. That is quite judgmental on your behalf, and in a way, it is slanderous, because what I write about is not ALWAYS factually wrong. It is only ALWAYS factually wrong in your mind, because you have a biased opinion toward me. And that is not Christ like!

For instance, take a look at my post to your question on "Gift of Knowledge for Witnessing?" Your response to me was curt. I wasn't trying to judge your friend, just provide some insight to help you find some answers to your questions. However, I was not going to "tickle your ears" with Scripture that would make you feel happy and joyous all over. There is a negative side to the use of gifts, and as believers we need to test those gifts, and see where they lead. I don't know this person, so, according to Scripture, it is up to you to test the spirit of this persons heart....

I have seen people operate under the "gift of knowledge" and they were always right on. They also provided a word of prophesy, that has been prov-en to be right on too!

Again, I don't know why you don't like me, but, as for me and my heart, I can honestly say that I love you brother!

Pastor Paul

#22 righteousdude2, Nov 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2009
  3. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Maybe you are taking my responses too seriously? The statement you just quoted wasn't meant to be vile in anyway.

Of course I can't prove everything you post is factually wrong. As an author I'm sure you can appreciate my use of hyberbole.

I looked again at my post on that thread in response to you, and don't see that I was curt. I engaged in dialog with you and thanked you for your response. That's curt?

How about we just let it be? There's no reason to run this thing into the ground, ok?

4. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay

Let's be friends....we've earned it!:type:

5. baptistteacher

Site Supporter

Knock it off, you two. This isn't Jr High anymore.

6. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Does that mean I no longer have to get a hall pass to go to the bathroom?