1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Was Adam perfect or did he have a weakness?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Oct 24, 2006.

1. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Does this mean that in heaven you'll somehow be limited and not yourself anymore? Will there be a part which is missing?

2. dispen4ever

dispen4ever New Member

Heaven will be full of glory, rejoicing, perfect health, flawless living. Read your bible, xd. Your questions are way off base. None of what you ask about is possible in Heaven. There will be no temptation there, no sin there, no one will "want to do something else" in a perfect environment overseen by an Awesome Savior. Praise Him for His promises. Praise Him for His unmatched love for you and me and everyone who name's His Name. Don't get wrapped up in foolish questions that have no support in scripture.

3. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

You won't need it.
    [​IMG]

4. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So then Adam as Created defective?

God makes "defective stuff"??

Was Christ tempted as the Bible says in Matt 4 - or was he made without the possibility of choosing sin - beyond temptation?

In Christ,

Bob

5. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    on the contrary we WILL have free will - just as we see in Job 1 and 2 - free will beings In heaven debating the status of Job and having the data PROVEN by compelling experiement - judgment - decisions based on information collected.

Impossible to ignore.

This also explains WHY we have 6000 years of sin and suffering. It serves as a barrier against all future rebellion in a FREE WILL system.

If God was willing to pith the brain of all His creation - then why subject it to such sin and suffering? -- think about it - this is obviously a free will system.

In Christ,

Bob

6. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Says the creature was made subject to vanity.

God did not mess up when creating man (He made him subject to vanity) by reason or deliberate!!! Without sin and death but (he could sin).

20": For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,

God could of made him otherwise but it was God's choice how He would make man.

I don't know how anyone could say Adam was perfect when it proved out he was not. God chose to make him that way so as to receive Glory and Honor from him. If he was a robot what Glory would that be?
    I don't know how it could even be a question of whether he was perfect or not. He fell in sin.

Now he was without sin and no death until he fell but he did fall.

I am not perfect because I am still subject to do wrong, well so was Adam.

I will say this that Adam was a more perfect man than we are for he did not have death until the fall, but the fact remains he could disobey God and sin.

BTW, I do not believe Jesus could of sinned. He came not to do His will but the will of the Father. If Jesus could of sinned it would of through the whole creation "out the window".

#26 Brother Bob, Oct 29, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2006