1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Was Judas saved?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Kay, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Iamodd4God

Iamodd4God New Member

How about providing some Scripture to prove this? Sounds good, but then again that is how false doctrines are created; ideas presented having no Scriptural support proving it to be true.

In the name of Jesus Christ,

Ken

2. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

1. Matt 27:44 says that both were hurling insults at Jesus.

2. Luke 23:39-43 says one continued but the other turned to Jesus for salvation.

3. Now, that is Scriptural proof.

3. standingfirminChrist

Ideas with no Scriptural support such as the saved being cast into outer darkness for 1,000 years?

or ideas with no Scriptural support such as Judas was saved but lost his Salvation?

#103 standingfirminChrist, Aug 28, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2007
  4. standingfirminChrist

Let's not confuse them with the truth.

5. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

TC, Ken can't be wrong. He is perfect and sins not. He won't attend church because they are all apostate and only he has the correct interpretation of scripture. Therefore, you are just wrong! :laugh:

6. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Well, I give him some Scripture. But I hope the truth doesn't confuse, but gives clarity. :thumbs:

7. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

We need to seriously pray that God would work on his heart. I'm serious.

8. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

You are right. He is treading in dangerouse territory.

9. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: What is that about hearing something long enough we begin to believe it? Where does Scriptures say that Judas was a devil from the beginning?

10. standingfirminChrist

Jesus knew from the beginning who it was who would betray Him.

Jesus new in John 6 that not all beleived that He was the Christ, the Son of the living God, even though Peter seemed to be speaking on behalf of all the Disciples who did not go away.

Judas did not place his trust in the Lord. He was not saved, nor ever was saved.

11. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: What is that Scripture about not judging? Why the personal comments? TCGreek, are you above prayer? I sure am not. How about you Amy? How do your comments or those of TCG add anything of value to a debate or discussion when they degenerate into personal attacks? If you two were really concerned, why would you not as disciples of Christ both take the Scriptural mandate to first go to him in private?

12. standingfirminChrist

What is that Scripture about judging righteous judgment? TCGreek and Amy G. have judged righteously... in light of the Scripture.

If you used Scripture to judge, you may see what they see. You may even see some things about yourself that do not please God.

13. standingfirminChrist

Ken has revealed himself in the public forums, why should it be dealt with privately?

14. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: I agree that God knew he would become a devil, and He knew that from the beginning. That has nothing to do with the question at hand. God knows everything from the beginning to the end. That does not necessitate the outcome. If it does, you have just entered the world of fatalistic determination. If that is the case, God is to blame for He made him as he was.

OK, I understand how you feel. Where is the reference in Scripture that he was a devil from the beginning?

15. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Thank you SFIC. I was just getting ready to post the same thing. Ken has made his views quite public.

16. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: Scripture does not say deal with some one way, but if they are on a private forum you can ignore My Word.

Seriously, if nothing else, such comments do nothing to provide the list with any useful for debate or discussion. Refute those you see as ones opposition with arguments, reason, Scripture or experience, but personal comments such as have been made IMHO as out of place and deter from the purpose of this board, again, IMHO, which I fully understand is again, my own opinion. I have no authority period other than to make my own comments as I feel led. I did that. Now lets get to the evidence we are asking for.:)

17. standingfirminChrist

It is funny, HP is telling us we need to take that which we have against Ken in a PM. Wonder why HP is not practicing that which he is preaching. Should he not have addressed us in PM instead of putting his grievances with us in the public thread?

HP, ya got three of yer own fingers pointing back at you.

18. Heavenly Pilgrim

Amy, if you believe that Judas was a devil from the beginning, do you have a reference for your belief?

19. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: OK, we all have sinned. Now lets get on with the debate:thumbs:

20. standingfirminChrist

The Scripture does not say Judas became a devil. It says:
    When you say he became a devil, you are dismissing the truth.