1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Was peter Teaching isreal To Be Blessed In Futire in Acts 3?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Yeshua1, Aug 15, 2014.

1. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

This is a little above my head, but the Jews were cut off and we were grafted in. But, doesn't the believing Israelite get grafted in, too? The reason why Christ said it was taken from them was the natural Israelite doesn't get a "pass" by natural birth, but by the Spiritual birth, this is for both Jew and Gentile.

Added: The natural Jew never got a "pass" by their natural birth, because not all of Israel is Israel. The election of grace is accounted for the seed, which encompasses both Jews and Gentiles....

2. beameup

beameup Member

And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graft them in again. Rom 11:23

For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits;
    that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
    And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Zion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob
    : Rom 11:25-26

That's the purpose of the removal of the Body of Christ from the earth and Israel going through the refining process of the Tribulation.
    Who knows how many Israelis will be saved in the end when Messiah returns, perhaps less than one million?
    Jesus returns to rescue the remnant of his brethren and set-up his Kingdom,
    - otherwise, there would be no need to return to earth.

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The basic problem is that we still see a future for national isreal, as we do not equate the church with being spiritual isreal, but do see BOTh Jews/Gentiles saved same way under the new covenant, but that in end times, God will restore the promised Kingdom to them forfeited only temp basis!

4. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Well said and just the right tone because there are none so deaf as those who will not hear and none so blind as those who will not see!

Matthew 13:13-16
    13. Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
    14. And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
    15. For this people’s heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
    16. But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.

5. OldRegular

I ask again: Can you present Scripture showing the judgment of Jesus Christ being revoked?

6. OldRegular

Believing Jews/Israelites are grafted into the same tree the Gentiles were grafted into and that is the Church. That is happening today!

7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That tree though is isreal, and paul stated that God still has dealings with those etnic persons knowns as jews by birth...

8. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    13 In that day there shall be a fountain opened to the house of David and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, for sin and for uncleanness.

2 And it shall come to pass in that day, saith Jehovah of hosts, that I will cut off the names of the idols out of the land, and they shall no more be remembered; and also I will cause the prophets and the unclean spirit to pass out of the land.

3 And it shall come to pass that, when any shall yet prophesy, then his father and his mother that begat him shall say unto him, Thou shalt not live; for thou speakest lies in the name of Jehovah; and his father and his mother that begat him shall thrust him through when he prophesieth.

4 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the prophets shall be ashamed every one of his vision, when he prophesieth; neither shall they wear a hairy mantle to deceive:

5 but he shall say, I am no prophet, I am a tiller of the ground; for I have been made a bondman from my youth.

6 And one shall say unto him, What are these wounds between thine arms? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.

7 Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith Jehovah of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered; and I will turn my hand upon the little ones.

8 And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith Jehovah, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein.

9 And I will bring the third part into the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried. They shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people; and they shall say, Jehovah is my God.

Zechariah 13 Asv

When was that fulfilled?

9. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

It has already been posted.
    But first, Can you post Scripture showing that the judgment of Jesus Christ was permanent. You have a couple of things wrong with that interpretation.
    1. You are teaching doctrine from a parable. Parables do not teach doctrine; they only illustrate doctrine already taught. Since that is not a doctrine previously taught it is wrong, New doctrine does not come from parables.
    2. Therefore the onus is on you to prove the judgment on Israel was permanent. You haven't been able to do that without parables. Remember doctrine is not founded on parables.

Here is scripture that was already posted that defeats your argument:

And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graft them in again. Rom 11:23

For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits;
    that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
    And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Zion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: Rom 11:25-26

Israel has not been destroyed, simply blinded.
    Israel will be grafted in again. That is a promise of God that he will not go back on.
    The time of the fulness of Gentiles has not yet come. It will. And when it does, God will once again turn his eyes on Israel.
    At that time: "All Israel shall be saved."

The evidence is overwhelming. Your position is just plain wrong.

10. OldRegular

The tree is not Israel. This is where you dispensationalists go wrong. The tree is composed only of true believers from both the Old Covenant and the New Covenant. The unbelievers were cut off. That is consistent with what Jesus Christ told the Jews. believing Jews, Gentiles, Israelites, whatever are grafted into the tree.

11. OldRegular

It was fulfilled in Jesus Christ! So you still have not presented Scripture showing where the Judgment of God on the Jews/Israelites is revoked.

12. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When was Isreal refined by fire, and the nation returned back to God?

AD 70?

13. OldRegular

You tell me: How is a nation of people refined by fire?

14. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Strange, as DHK are shown to us that the Apostle paul called it isreal, and that it was a seperate thing from the church!

15. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Paul always considered three separate entities:
    1 Corinthians 10:32 Give none offence, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God:

16. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The scriptures state that we are kings and priests unto God. Present your bodies as a living sacrifice holy and acceptable unto God which is your reasonable service. Both spiritual Jews and Gentiles. Where do we present this sacrifice in the temple of God? Jesus Christ is the replacement for that temple. The first one was destroyed by Titus by direction of God in 70 AD that Christ said would happen... Read Josephus. There are those on here who want to state as they say according to scripture that God is going to restore national Israel and build the temple again. Graft in the unbelieving Jews in the end time. You find comfort in that fine, I don't. Why would the God of heaven restore an old mode of worship that he already destroyed? Christ said destroy this temple and I will raise it again in 3 days. Some on here are using a natural application of scripture to graft in something that is spiritual. I agree with what Old Regular has to say and I worship God as all the other believers who are spiritual Israel in the here and now, and by the grace of God at the end of my days someday eternally.

17. OldRegular

Neither of you is able to rightly divide the word of truth.

If the tree was national Israel why were unbelieving branches broken off and why were believing Gentiles grafted in?

18. OldRegular

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

19. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In addition to what I just said the priestly line that served the temple was also destroyed. Even if the temple was rebuilt there is no secession of priesthood to offer sacrifice as some Christians are trying to help the Jews restore the temple. In 70 AD see Josephus again. God destroyed the Old temple covenant for good as he said he would. We are not under the law anymore but under grace. God is able to graft in anyone he chooses and does it daily, thereby adding to spiritual Israel.

20. OldRegular

I believe you noted this earlier but why would GOD reinstitute a system that Jesus Christ died to replace?