1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Was Shooting of Oregon Militiaman Justified?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by InTheLight, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Isn't this an assumption too?

2. McCree79

McCree79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I keep watching the shooting.... From cell phone, so maybe you guys a computer can zoom in and see better. But does it look like, while walking, he stumbles...hands go down, then back up for a short time...then immediately back to his left side. Any chance that when he stumbled in the snow, his hands went down and before he could bring them up he was shot. Then the grab on the left side was when he was shot. It looks like at one point before he goes down, his right hand come up with a "stop" gesture, while left hand was on his side still. Probably not, but the video isn't clear to me on what actually happened.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

3. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

It might be months before we get all the details by that time everyone will have made up their minds and moved on to some new and exciting media event.

I think there's more going on here than we're being told. I'm interested in seeing who was really calling the shots inside and if they get to walk away free. Id also like to know if there are any natural resources that can be exploited under that ground and what type they are.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

The Clintons: is the Oregon standoff really about uranium?

Note: This article was written before the Oregon shootout in which one man was killedand another wounded.

https://jonrappoport.wordpress.com/...-is-the-oregon-standoff-really-about-uranium/

The Clintons: how Putin grabbed a fifth of all US uranium

Before I quote a NY Times piece on this, consider—suppose, just suppose the beautiful first couple has been running a kind of parallel operation to the government, in the form of a foundation that is taking in major chunks of cash from people who want political favors.

https://jonrappoport.wordpress.com/...-how-putin-grabbed-a-fifth-of-all-us-uranium/

Russia took control over 20% of US uranium after Uranium One’s associates made lavish contributions to Clinton Foundation

A New York Times investigation reveals scandalous details of the Russian nuclear state corporation Rosatom’s acquisition of Uranium One Inc., that established one of the biggest uranium mining firms in the world.

http://www.mining.com/new-york-times-takes-on-the-clintons-and-uranium-one-connection/

Welcome to Uranium One

Uranium One Inc. is one of the world’s largest uranium producers with a globally diversified portfolio of assets located in Kazakhstan, the United States, Australia and Tanzania. ROSATOM State Atomic Energy Corporation, through its affiliates, owns 100% of the outstanding common shares of Uranium One.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=uranium one

Additionally BLM documentation shows:

In September 2011, a representative from Oregon Energy, L.L.C. (formally Uranium One), met with local citizens, and county and state officials, to discuss the possibility of opening a uranium oxide (“yellowcake”) mine in southern Malheur County in southeastern Oregon. Oregon Energy is interested in developing a 17-Claim parcel of land known as the Aurora Project through an open pit mining method. Besides the mine, there would be a mill for processing. The claim area occupies about 450 acres and is also referred to as the “New U” uranium claims.

On May 7, 2012, Oregon Energy LLC made a presentation to the BLM outlining its plans for development for the mine.

https://www.intellihub.com/clinton-...nd-ranch-other-publically-owned-lands-russia/

Background on the Aurora Uranium Project

The Aurora Uranium Project is located in a historical mining area in southeast Oregon, approximately five kilometers north of the Nevada border and approximately fifteen kilometers west of the small border town of McDermitt, Nevada. The Project consists of 272 contiguous, unpatented lode claims covering an area of approximately 5,600 acres. The Project also includes a State of Oregon Exploration Permit adjacent to the lode claims. The project sits in an active mining area that was the largest US producer of mercury between 1933 and 1989. The town of McDermitt, Nevada has been the service town for the mercury mines as well as gold mines of the nearby National Mining District since 1904.

http://www.marketwired.com/press-re...a-uranium-deposit-tsx-venture-usr-1996662.htm

I'll let you all draw your own conclusions.

#24 poncho, Jan 31, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
  5. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

This is why we need the audio.

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Surely the feds have bodycams. But don't get in a hurry for the audio.

7. Carolyn Nisbet

Carolyn Nisbet New Member
    Site Supporter

8. Carolyn Nisbet

Carolyn Nisbet New Member
    Site Supporter

Exactly.

9. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It looks like he may have been first shot while he had his hands up, causing him to lower his hands to the wound, then point at the man who shot him. That man turned away and left the scene. Then Lavoy stumbled backward and turned. He was reaching under his left arm, either to his first wound or a gun as the feds contend, and was shot by the man behind him. The feds say he had a gun there, although he has not been known to carry a firearm in his left side jacket pocket. OTOH, if he actually was shot first when he had his hands up, he may have been reaching for a weapon in self defense, if he actually had one at all.

10. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

OREGON STANDOFF - LaVoy Finicum Murder Review by Retired Cop

Be Warned: This guy is using "adult language" throughout the video.

He brings up some points that we "civilians" might not think about.

Here's another . . .

#30 poncho, Feb 1, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  11. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

3:25 into this video there is a view of LaVoy on a ladder. The gun in his side holster is a Colt single action revolver. Imagine sitting down in a vehicle with that stuffed in your waistband. The ammo in his belt is .45 Colt. Some folks call it .45 "long" Colt. I know of no semi auto handgun that takes that caliber and I know guns pretty well.

Now FF to 5:18. No gun in his waistband on the left side.

Is this the same "crisis actress" that keeps showing up in videos all over the country?

Warning: More "adult language".

Some more shots of this guy.

How come we aren't seeing photos of LaVoy's truck? Where's the mainstream media on this?

Here's a picture of LaVoy with a shoulder holster.

[​IMG]

http://bearingarms.com/lavoy-finicum-murdered-forced-oregon-police-shoot/

Was he wearing it when he was shot? I don't know. Maybe. Maybe not.

I wonder if we'll ever get to see the truck or the autopsy report. Seems to me that the FBI and other police would want to bring out any evidence that corroborates their story, or hide any that doesn't.

Reckon we'll have to wait and see.

#31 poncho, Feb 1, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  12. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bottom line is I believe it was an illegal killing. They broke every rule in the book for using lethal force.
    He was murdered.

Could change my mind with more evidence. But the FBI has not been very forthcoming with it.

13. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I'm leaning that way myself now.

14. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Really? What were the rules of engagement? And how did they violate the use of force paradigm? Please be specific.

• Like Like x 1
  15. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There you go again conjecturing. As TC pointed out, how do you know the rules of engagement?

When several law officers, in this case FBI agents, are pointing guns at you and telling you to keep your hands in the air, no sudden movements, and you decide to go to the inside of your coat, isn't that what you have called in other threads, "a good shooting?"

Not forthcoming? They posted a video of the entire incident on YouTube.

16. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where are the body cams and the dash cams...with sound?

He was shot more than once. Who fired the first shot? When? From where?

17. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Where's the photos of the truck? Where's the audio?

I wonder if ITL could keep his hands in the air if he was shot in the gut?

I don't think I could.

Now he'll say "how do you know he was shot in the gut?"

How does he know he wasn't?

18. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    How do we know LaVoy didn't have 10 machine guns under his coat, and a nuke in his back pocket?

How do we know he didn't?

19. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "How do we know LaVoy didn't have 10 machine guns under his coat, and a nuke in his back pocket?"

Uh, don't know, maybe cuz his pants weren't around his ankles. :)

20. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

We know he didn't because the police would have told us if he did. That's one thing they would tell us and they'd have video and pictures from every angle, clear audio and media galore on the scene to make sure we all knew it within the hour.

I smell a cover up.

We already heard from two other ex cops in post #30 and they both brought up some good points that neither you or ITL have.

Argue it out with them.

I'm still curious if ITL could hold his hands up if he were gut shot. I bet he couldn't.

Show us LaVoy's truck, the autopsy, all the video and audio. If the police have nothing to hide they have nothing to fear.

#40 poncho, Feb 2, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2016