1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Was this school correct?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Judith, Mar 26, 2014.

?

Was this the right thing to do

Poll closed Apr 25, 2014.
  1. Yes, they are standing on their beliefs

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. No, God is not concerned about how we dress

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. They should have used counsiling instead of explusion threats

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. I am undecided

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If the school told the grandparents "your granddaughter must wear a pink bow in her hair and grow her hair out longer" I would have a problem with it.

With the recent article about Sunnie's confusion over rest room use and class disruptions the school is well within their right to expel her. However, I would hope they have given several warnings to improve her behavior prior to expelling her.

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I think somebody needs to look into why the great grandparents think its okay for her to look like a little boy.

This IS NOT a pixie haircut.
    [​IMG]

This is how little boys wear their hair.

How do you take a little girl from [​IMG]

to a decision to cut her hair off to look like a little boy? There is CLEARLY something else going on and folks are too busy pointing the finger at the school for "discriminating" to look at something very unusual taking place.

3. thisnumbersdisconnected

Yup, as I said, either clueless or they have an agenda. I'm leaning towards the latter.

4. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

This hair thing is absolutely ridiculous. Always has been.
    Short hair on girls isn't of the devil.
    BTW, ddding styling products to short hair to make it look feminine doesn't change the haircut, it just changes the look of the haircut, so all the elderly women in your church with the short hair and that short hair in curls have man haircuts too. SIC 'EM! Git them wicked old ladies who are bringing man hair in! They're probably also wearing pants and claiming comfort. Short hair and pants and those comfortable shoes that ARE NOT PINK!
    How do you even know they're really women?

5. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    lol...
    so a school, whether Christian or not, being a private institution or not, run by creatures and mere mortals, has a right to enforce and expect dress and clothes standards on their students but a CHURCH, which is supposed to be a body of believers meeting to worship and honor not each other but the Savior and God they propose to love, does not have the right to expect and enforce dress standards either in the pulpit or the pew.
    wow. and I mean, wow.

6. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    NO ONE said it was. They're saying that this particular short hair cut on a girl seems to be a deliberate attempt to style it as a boy would wear his hair. Looking at the picture that Zaac posted, I agree.

7. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

And that's all I'm saying. I think that picture clearly shows that this is more than an issue of a little girl acting like a tomboy.

I don't think I know of too many parents who cut their daughter's hair to make her look like a boy just because she has tomboy tendencies. And I don't see very many sending their little boys to school with bows and tiaras on or in little princess outfits because the little boy likes to play with dolls and use an EasyBake oven.

This is going too far and pushing this child in a direction that they really don't need to go. Parents need to know when to say NO. And this is one of those times.

You dress her up to make her look like a boy and of course she's gonna be confused and run into issues with bathrooms and everything else.

There's an air of evil attached to this. This ain't about being a tomboy. But rather about being lax and letting this child think it's okay for them to get her haircut and buy her clothes that make her look like a boy.

And what does dressing to look like a boy have to do with being a tomboy?

I remember watching Little House on the Prairie as a kid. Laura Ingalls was a tomboy. I have cousins who were tomboys. But nobody was dressing them up to look like boys.