1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ways not to begin a sermon

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by All about Grace, Aug 15, 2003.

1. Gib

Gib Active Member

Thank you choir for that special music :eek: . Don't quit your day jobs.

2. Pete Richert

Pete Richert New Member

I think this is the best so far.

3. bobby c

bobby c New Member

as a wise man and a good friend of mine Benny Hinn once said.

4. Pete

Pete New Member

10: Welcome in the name of *...(eg Lord Vader, Jehovah, Benny Hinn, Donald Duck, Arnold Schwarzenegger...etc)

9: This morning I will be continuing my 78 part series on 2 Corinthians 9:7...

8: Good morning, this week I converted to *ism... (eg Arminianism, Calvinism, communism, Buddhism, nudism, Mohammedism, etc etc etc)

7: Lets welcome our special guest preacher, straight from yesterday's Jerry Springer Show...

6: Fill! Fire! Yes Lord! More! Fire! Fill! More! Fill! More! Fire! :rolleyes:

5: yabbadabbablabbagabba...

4: *singing* "How do you do I, see you've met my, faithful handyman..." (If you don't understand this one, please don't ask...)

3: Now, you all got a red pen when you came in. The following passages in the Bible need correcting in line with my new doctrine...

2: I'm Jesus, I'm back...

and the #1 way not to begin a sermon: G'day, I'm Pete! :D

Pete

5. All about Grace

All about Grace New Member

"If you will take out your complimentary copy of Oprah's magazine from the hymnal racks..."

"Leading our discussion this morning on self-control, we welcome Bill Bennett"

"If you are a visitor this morning, we are going to ask you to stand in the spotlight and tell us a little bit about yourself, your family, and your spiritual journey."