1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

We Baby Boomers are Coming!!!!

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Dec 27, 2005.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Spending on Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid(half of which goes for long term care of the elderly) was almost half of the $2.2 trillion federal budget in 2004. I was watching a news report on this and it is estimated that spending on those three programs alone will total $2.2 trillion by 2016.

- LINK

2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

The generation that stood by while one third of the babies conceived were murdered in the womb will likely suffer the consequences. Reduced Social Security.

3. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

The baby boomer are the richest generation who has ever lived. They sould not be robbing me in taxes so they can hold onto their hord and get medical welfare.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pay up, sonny. [​IMG]

5. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

I have already Pop. I was looking at my pay stub today. And I paid more in payroll taxes this year then I earned in my rookie year as a police officer.

6. OldRegular

Bush wasted several months at the beginning of the year trying to sell SS reform. No takers, no guts, not even the Republicans.

If the money I had paid into SS had been invested in the stock market and performed as well as the S&P I would have a whole lot of money now. Figure it out yourself if you don't believe it. The SSA will send you a copy of what you have paid in. Recall that your employer matches your tax as a part of your salary package.

7. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

I guess I am one of those rich, greedy boomers, since I was born in those years. But I got to tell you that I've been working & paying in for 35 years, have yet to collect a dime. Have never made more than $35,000 annually in my entire life, and grow a little weary of hearing what a greedy-butt I am. :rolleyes:

8. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

Has anyone ever said that before? I thought I was original. The problem is the system was meant to be supported by each generation getting bigger than the last. In the beginning, there were 20 workers for for one retiree, in the future there will be 2 workers for each retiree. You have not been paying into the system. Your payment went directly to retirees. It is not my fault that your generation decided to limit the size of the families by abortion and birth control. The things the system was based upon no longer hold true because your generation swallowed the pill, pardon the pun, so I should not have to sacrifice every thing to insure the system your generation broke, keeps running.

9. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

Well, I generally agree with your point of view on things, but that's just silly. How in the world did my generation "break" social security any more than yours has? My ex-wife and I had two kids, we both have been working and paying in for years, and yet we are somehow responsible for the breakdown of the system. Heck, many gen-xers are not marrying or raising kids at all, so I fail to see how we (boomers) have fallen down on the job.

10. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

My generation too, but yours started it, na- na-nu- na- na [​IMG]

11. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

12. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brother Bunyon,

You are trippin', dude.

Peace-
    Scarlett O. - born in 1961 (official baby boomer)
    <><

13. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

Scarlett O. No one who was born in 1961 says, "trippin', dude" [​IMG]

14. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

The generation that stood by while one third of the babies conceived were murdered in the womb will likely suffer the consequences. Reduced Social Security. </font>[/QUOTE]The generation that paid the way for the "great generation" is not going to get what we paid for and is going to be forsaken by them.

15. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

Since our parents generation is just as culpable about abortion as we are maybe we should cut them off cold right now. My mother is covered by long term care insurance. Let the cuts begin now on Social Security and Medicare. Actually, we don't have to do anything. The Republicans have already started the process.

16. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

We can't meet our obligations for long. That is why we are borrowing foreign capital left and right. We are just delaying the day when we admit the aformentioned fact, because when we admit it our economy will go down the tubes. We are headed for another great depression.

17. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps yes. Perhaps no.

But be rest assured it was a much more palatable euphemism for what I was thinking!

[​IMG]

Peace-
    Scarlett O.
    &lt;&gt;&lt;

18. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

What, You don't have a problem with your grand children becoming economic slaves while the baby boomer get the biggest welfare package the world has ever seen, dude.

19. bruren777

bruren777 New Member

A large part of the problem with Social Security, is our government is giving it away. Someone can come to our country and claim political asylum.
    They get full social security benefits, which we have to work 35 +/- years to earn it.

20. OldRegular

The generation that stood by while one third of the babies conceived were murdered in the womb will likely suffer the consequences. Reduced Social Security. </font>[/QUOTE]The generation that paid the way for the "great generation" is not going to get what we paid for and is going to be forsaken by them. </font>[/QUOTE]Two points:

1. If it were not for the great generation you would likely be goose-stepping or bowing to the emperor of the rising sun.

2. How can the great generation forsake you. Old people do die you know!