1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

We have our first babe of our new church - a new believer!

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by annsni, Nov 11, 2010.

1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

My daughter met a boy in college and he started coming to the church. We've been praying for him and the first week he came to church (October 10), he asked to meet with my husband because he had a LOT of questions. Hubby said it went well and John just asked if he could think about it (becoming a believer). Hubby said sure (knowing that it's the Spirit working on him). In our gift packet for church, we give out Andy Stanley's book How Good is Good Enough and John read it over the past two weeks and he met with hubby today and told him that it made SO much sense and he prayed last week to ask Jesus to forgive his sins and be Lord of his life!!!!

Now, John IS interested in my daughter and hubby discussed that with him today too and John knows that he's not dating my daughter just yet. :) Hubby will be discipling him and he told hubby "I don't want people thinking I'm doing this to be able to get Nicole. I want them to know I want Jesus even if I could never date Nicole."

Praise God!!

2. PamelaK

PamelaK New Member

Ann, I am sitting here with the biggest smile on my face!! I am so excited for you all! Praise God!

3. John Toppass

John Toppass Active Member
    Site Supporter

Praise God!!!!!! That is wonderful and to be able to reach a young adult is really great too. I hope, you complimented your daughter. It would seem that the way she presents and conducts herself is showing that there is a way of life that cannot be compared to none. Living so that others see Jesus is hard at any age but I think it is harder during the teenage and early 20 years.

4. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Outstanding!!

5. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's SHOUTIN' TIME!!