1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Weed Eater Neophyte

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by SaggyWoman, May 2, 2005.

1. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Our cheapie weed eater won't 'bump feed' either. I turn it off, (electric) and push on the bump feeder while pulling on the nylon cord. Of course, by then my guys will get out the big one, crank it up and chase me in the house.

2. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

try the Paulen website. THere is a phone number that I called and they said to go to www.paulan.com or something like that.

3. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I looked at Weed Eater products. From what I saw most of those have a bump head. All you have to do is bump the knob on the head quickly on the ground. The knob should move up and down freely. If it doesn't unscrew it and get the dirt out. The top part of the head does not move but the knob and spool should move up and down so that line will be released. There should be a spring inside between the spool and the top part of the head. Sometimes a lot of dirt of other debris will keep the head from working properly.

Check to make sure the line is wound in the proper direction.