1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Well do you load up and leave Florida NOW or do you wait it out?

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by LowOiL, Sep 4, 2017.

Tags:
  1. LowOiL

LowOiL Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have a home in Miami a few blocks inland off the coast, elevation 15 feet above sea level .... It is your decision, not the governments. You probable should leave now to avoid the rush if you are going to leave. No idea if Irma will hit or not. That means having your stuff you want to keep packed and gone and plans to prevent your home from being robbed worked out. There is not a Uhaul to be found, so you can only take what fits in the family van.

I probable would pack the wife kids up and stay myself.

After stating what you would do, lets see in a few days if you predicted correctly.

If you can't post what you would do in the next few hours you have no say so in how the populace behaved after the fact.

#1 LowOiL, Sep 4, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
  2. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We're in Lake Worth. We've got all our preps and are going to stick it out. If we have to, we can easily evacuate to Cape Coral.

Not really worried about looters, since our house is not easily accessible. I'm more worried about some lost gator crawling up out of the canal behind the house and hiding in the pool.

Went to Home Depot this morning to try to find some things for an elderly neighbor. It was worse than the worst Black Friday I've ever seen. It was a zoo. They were out of everything.

The manager at Tractor Supply is a fellow Moose. He says he's expecting a truck of hurricane supplies tomorrow and will call us when it gets there so we have a head start.

Not sure it's going to hit us, but prayers would be appreciated, nonetheless.

• Prayers Prayers x 3
  3. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would not have a house in Miami. Does that answer count? Seriously, I do not like the beach enough to fight the Hurricanes. I live 300 miles from the coast and we still get horrendous weather when the Hurricanes hit the coast.

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm in an Orlando suburb and we are going nowhere

• Prayers Prayers x 1
  5. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

We do have a home in the Miami area 1-2 miles from the bay. Actually 22 feet above sea level (every foot counts). Our church is less than one mile from the bay.

A lot of people went to Naples/Ft. Myers (bad move) and a lot went to Orlando - which took 8 hours. We stayed in the area, which I'm glad we did. We didn't stay in our home, but further inland (but still in Miami) due to a potential storm surge, flooding and tree damage.

Thankfully, there was no damage to our home. Still no power due to the downed trees and power lines, but that's ok. Hopefully, by week's end. We are very thankful, as this could have been a lot worse. God is good.

6. FriendofSpurgeon

Site Supporter

Here's a picture of a football field with a couple of boats.

[​IMG]

7. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Glad you are OK.

8. FriendofSpurgeon

Site Supporter