1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Well, we have a witch's Coven in our town now...

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Alive in Christ, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

One of my daughters read her horoscope regularly. When I asked why, she responded "It's just a horoscope! It's for fun."

After letting her know newspaper horoscopes are fun and seem really harmless, I explained it's the tip of a very nasty iceberg that people shouldn't mess with.

She asked "do I have to stop?"

I think she's old enough to make that choice, so after being told to think about it and decide for herself, she kept reading it for a while and then finally quit.

It might seem silly to some, but that type of thing is one of the tiny pervasive things we're surrounded with that make the next step up much easier.

2. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

I think people expect darkness to be much more wicked and evil in appearance.

It's rather subtle instead. People don't see what is behind it, nor consider what God says about it since it seems harmless.

I am glad your daughter gave that up.