1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Were false teacher bought by the Lord?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Brother Bob, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

Please answer this with scripture, not opinion.
    And keep in mind that I have never claimed on here that Christ's sacrificial death was not sufficient to save the whole world.

For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth. 18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth. 19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will? 20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus? 21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour? 22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction: 23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

PLease explain that with scripture?

2. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Romans, chapter 9
    18": Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

"19": Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?

"20": Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?

"21": Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

"22": What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

"23": And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

"24": Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

"25": As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.

"26": And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God.

How could this Scripture be to us who was not the beloved and not His people?

Exodus, chapter 33

"5": For the LORD had said unto Moses, Say unto the children of Israel, Ye are a stiffnecked people: I will come up into the midst of thee in a moment, and consume thee: therefore now put off thy ornaments from thee, that I may know what to do unto thee.
    "12": And Moses said unto the LORD, See, thou sayest unto me, Bring up this people: and thou hast not let me know whom thou wilt send with me. Yet thou hast said, I know thee by name, and thou hast also found grace in my sight.

"13": Now therefore, I pray thee, if I have found grace in thy sight, shew me now thy way, that I may know thee, that I may find grace in thy sight: and consider that this nation is thy people.

"14": And he said, My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest.

"15": And he said unto him, If thy presence go not with me, carry us not up hence.

"16": For wherein shall it be known here that I and thy people have found grace in thy sight? is it not in that thou goest with us? so shall we be separated, I and thy people, from all the people that are upon the face of the earth.

"17": And the LORD said unto Moses, I will do this thing also that thou hast spoken: for thou hast found grace in my sight, and I know thee by name.

"18": And he said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory.

"19": And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.

It was bringing Israel out of bondage down in the land of Egypt.

Ephesians, chapter 1

"11": In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

"12": That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

(We are not of them who first trusted in Christ but the Apostles were)

"13": In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

He plainly shows the difference in the two in the above Scripture and we are of those who "also trusted" How could we be pre chosen if we were not His people?:praise:

#22 Brother Bob, Jun 29, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2006
  3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Dale said "
    We know the Bible does not contradict, but it would if that meant they were true Christians and "had lost it"