1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Were Men Born Again Before Pentecost? *for all Christians

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Hark, Feb 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vooks

vooks Active Member

@Darrell C,
    you are busy trying to draw me away from Hebrews 10:29 and this is what I'm avoiding. If you can't be honest enough to confront one scripture because your theological walls are coming down, what confidence do I have of debating the rest with you? For no sooner you hit the same deadlock elsewhere, you will muddy it further by proof texting other scriptures and so forth.

You came across like a reasonable debater and quite open minded and one who freely serves unsolicited counsel on open mind but when your theological walls are at stake you discard your own medicine. Not cool

I ask for scriptural evidence for the same. I can tell you for free that He is not sanctified from nothing by His death.
    We shall examine ALL the scriptures one at a time my brother. We are on Hebrews 10:29. By the time we are done, the 'contradictions' will actually between the Word of Truth and man made doctrines

2. vooks

vooks Active Member

But they are under no danger seeing they can't reject the New Covenant! So it's an empty warning

We are in Hebrews 10:29. If your habit is to scamper elsewhere when cornered, you are not only dishonest but totally committed to anything but the integrity of the scriptures.

Hebrews 10:29 tells me this man was SANCTIFIED by the blood of the covenant and you are denying this. @Darrell C, you are rejecting the Word of God to uphold your doctrines

3. vooks

vooks Active Member

I was not interested in debating whether men were born again before Pentecost, and I think they were not.

Meanwhile,
    Hebrews 10:29 (KJV) and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified
    It saddens me that you have denied scriptures to uphold your traditions

4. Hark

Hark Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jewish believer can be guilty of doing the same thing Gentiles believer were doing in the churches at Galatia; finishing by the flesh under the law what was begun with the Spirit. This is why I see any reproof & edification towards body of Christ, it is applicable towards all.

In Acts, the Gentiles were warned not to be hoodwinked into being pressured to follow the commandments under the Old Covenant. They did give other instructions like abstain from fornication and things offered unto idols. And so the edification and reproofs that Paul had written to the Jewish believers in Christ can be applied to the Gentiles believers in Christ as the Gentiles have been warned about false apostles that wish to bring them under bondage.

Gentile believers need the edification in Hebrews 6th chapter as much as Jewish believers in moving on from the gospel into growing in Christ to perfection by His grace & by His help as our Good Shepherd.

Already, Gentile believers think they can lose their salvation or that once they have gone astray, they can never be saved again when that is not what Hebrews 6 th chapter nor the 10th chapter is testifying about. They read the false teachings into these selected verses pulled out of context without actually reading the chapter in question so as to see what is actually written is not going against any other truths in the N.T.

Let's avoid that train of thought as it does tempt believers to judge one another in regards to honesty. We all prophecy in part and know in part as we are to lean on the Good Shepherd to confirm or reprove us so we can bear more fruit.

As you have posted earlier, some believers holding to errant doctrines do not know they are in error.

One can read the Bible cover to cover, and I have done that at least twice, but that doesn't necessarily mean I can't learn anything new and the same goes for you.

If one reads the scripture one way because they have been taught to read an application in that way, it will take the Lord to help them see His truth the way He meant it to be received.

Example, seeing the sons of God as fallen angels instead of as a reference to the line of Seth as tracing back to Israel's family roots, aka their family tree.

We both have to rely on the Lord to minister to each of us in causing the increase in the progress of our discussion. He is our Good Shepherd. It is not by honestly reading & studying the scripture is how we are shepherding ourselves as if we can when wisdom comes from the Lord.

I am hoping to figure out if that @ symbol next to the name is how the alert system lets me know someone tagged me by doing that. Usually it alert that I have been quoted in a thread, but some of these alert me that I have been tagged in that thread, as mentioned by the @ next to my name, but not necessarily quoting me.

May God bless you to receive sharpening as you sharpen others as well.

5. Hark

Hark Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah.. I think the OP points of truth are enough for edification alone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.