1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Were there dinosaurs on the ark?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Salty, Jun 9, 2022.

1. Eternally Grateful

Eternally Grateful Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    2 of every KIND were on the ark.

Also. I am not sure how fast they grow. But technically would only need 2 recently hatched on the ark. The would need to survive for a year.

finally. We have the behemoth and leviathan after the flood.. So there were dino's after the flood..

as for why there are not as many today. I think can relate that to change of atmospheric conditions. The Earth was not as hospitable after the flood as it was before..

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am only 23 years old - Jack Benny as my witness!

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist

1) actually 2 of each for unclean
    and seven of each of the clean

2) Could those dinos still have been in their eggs when they were put on the ark?

4. Eternally Grateful

Eternally Grateful Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    yes forgive me, been awhile..lol

Interesting question about the eggs. or unhatched.. One can wonder!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you cannot read, why post?

6. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It’s not that simple.
    Originally Dino’s were on the top floor of the ark but they were kicked off after the unicorn incident.

Rob

7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Deacon - dont you remember - that incident was supposed to be classified ----

• Like Like x 1
  8. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some realities about the animals on the ark:

1. GOD gathered them for Noah to put in the ark. Even today, with all our modern devices, no one could travel the globe & collect a pair of every animal, bird, & insect there is in 120 years, while building a great wooden ship..
    2. They were babies, & God put them in suspended animation, as it would've taken a ship the size of an oil tanker to have held food for them all, not to mention the carnivores that required living prey ro eat. Besides, many of the animals would've fought if placed together on a small a space as there musta been on the ark. (NOT TO MENTION THE BILGE !)
    3. Dinos were already extinct. Based upon fossil evidence, biologists estimate that only about 1% of all the animalia species that ever lived are alive today.

I believe God created other arrangements of earth's surface before the current one, without man. There's a LOTTA evidence for this. remember, when God made this arrangement, His spirit moved over the face of THE DEEP, so He'd created the world before He made this arrangement.

9. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, two pairs of unclean, seven pairs of clean.

Genesis 7:2

peace to you

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What does the "face or surface of the deep" mean? Some contend that the deep refers to some previously created world. But the "deep" also refers to what is unknown, what is beyond what we can see. So the idea could also mean God was acting upon what is unknown, or the non-existence outside of God. Waters sometimes refers to what passes away, here now but not for long.
    So again the nothingness is about to go away to be replaced with creation. When you are face to face, you are about to speak or act upon them.

I do not know which view comes closer to the truth, so I am content to say I do not know.

11. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The tar pits on the north west pacific coast are post flood.

Dinosaurs | La Brea Tar Pits

Yes, there are scientific dating issues.

#31 37818, Jun 11, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2022
  12. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What makes you say that when several scientific dating methods have found that the pirs themselves are around 50,000 years old, & contain many extince animals from mammoths to saber tooth cats to many kinds of extinct insects, none of which were recorded as having been seen by man?

13. Jec81

Jec81 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The average dinosaur was the size of a large dog. Plus in would not take every dino, just those of it's kind, plus there are written recordings of dinosaur like beast until the 19th century. So yes they had to have been there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Marooncat79

Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hibernation probably happened in the ark just like with bear when they hibernate. It is probably left over from the flood as a testimony to its truthfulness

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have no problem with the possibility. Creation science should on the scientific for front of science. The fact that there is a major division between OEC and YEC shows a lack of real science.

16. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Scripture, history, & science all go together, with Scripture being the dominant genre. Proper science & truthful history support Scripture.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In order to push the godless theory of Evolution, so called scientists point to as old a date as conceivable for dating fossils. However, the Tar Pits (Asphalt) probably trapped animals and plants dating from the last ice age, or less than 12,000 years ago.

18. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, actually, old fossils show many plants & animals didn't evolve, but changed in size, etc. while remaining the same animal. For instance, horses were once the size of small Collies, & had toes on each side of their hooves that reached the ground, but they were still horses, identical in most ways but size with today's horses. And there were once 50-foot-long alligators back when food was more-abundant. Mastodons & mammoths were more-"advanced" than modern elephants, able to live in cold climates & having herder teeth that lasted a long time. (Most modern wild elephants die when their teeth wear out & they can't adequately chew their food.)

19. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    @
    @Van I am seriously starting to wonder about your mental competance. In post 14 you clearly attacked the idea that anything was created with age. UNLESS you were being sarcastic. But since you have yet to answer my question about Adam being created as a baby I really do not know what to think.

You would do A LOT better to just answer questions instead of attacking people who happen to fall on the other end of the soteriological spectrum than you.

20. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why your falsehoods are allowed by leadership is beyond me.