1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Were they really saved?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by His Blood Spoke My Name, Jan 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Good point. But I bet that hbsmn and sfic also have no fear because they trust God completely. A christian who trusts God completely knows no fear at all. :praying:

2. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

I cant speak for either of them but I dont think they are trying to say they are sinless. No need to take what they say to the extreme.

3. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

This is also not the point but since the fearful are on the list, too, it means that being fearful is also one of the sins which fall into the murder category and this means that if somebody dies and is scared at the same moment then he goes to hell because this is such a terrible sin and he couldn't repent anymore.
    Sfic will have to agree with me on this one if he really sticks to his views.

4. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

I see what you mean...

but just as a side note, what do you think of the time when Jesus was about to to go the Cross and He prayed to God to spare Him from it? He talked about God sparing Him from having to drink this bitter cup..

(cant locate the scripture right now, but Im sure you know which one Im talking about)

Claudia

5. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

You mean wether Jesus was scared?

If being scared is a sin then he cannot have been scared then he was most likely only depressed or grieved.

6. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

I dont know actually, the thought just cross my mind that He wasnt exactly wanting to have to go to the Cross... at least it seems that way.

I know it couldnt of been a "sin"... because Jesus never sinned... but Im just thinking of not wanting to be a martyr if there are some reasons that could be acceptable to God?

Mt:26:39: And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.

7. His Blood Spoke My Name

Isn't man defiling the body, the temple of God when he commits suicide? God said He would destroy such an one.

If God allows so much on a Christian that that Christian commits suicide, then this verse is a lie. For He promised He would not allow more than we are able to bear.

Where is the faith in Christ?

8. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

2Tm:1:7: For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

9. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Yes exactly. Where is the faith? Where is your faith when you sin?
    The bible also tells us that nobody has to sin because God always also offers a way out. Or do you not sin?

@ claudia

I think in this scene you simply see that Jesus was also human and the thought of what he had to go through totally dragged him down.
    I also heard that Jesus was about to die in the garden and this is why he prayed because he feared that he could not fulfill the mission because his body was dying (sweating of blood) and then the angel came and gave him new strength. This is just an opinion and I cannot say if it's true or not but the strain for his body must have been enormous. Imagine this. When you sweat blood then it has to be an enormous strain.

10. His Blood Spoke My Name

As to the Christian having fear just before death, I am not sure he will. We have a promise in God's Word that the child of God does not feel the sting of death. We have an assurance that there is no grave that will hold our bodies down if we are of Christ.

Of course, the ones who are not of Christ will rise from their graves as well, but that will be 1,000 years after the resurrection of God's children. And the lost will only be raised to be judged and cast into that lake of fire.

11. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

You're not sure if being scared before dying sends a christian to hell or not?

You have a very strange picture of God. *shiver*

12. His Blood Spoke My Name

Dying in the garden? Impossible! He had previously told the disciples that He would go to Jerusalem and there He would be crucified. He knew He could not die in the Garden. He knew the cross was the means of His death.

13. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

Eric B, excellent post! AMEN!

14. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

I only heard this opinion.

Maybe it's bogus, I don't know. But you cannot argue that his body was under great strain. Usually you don't sweat blood.

15. His Blood Spoke My Name

I did not say that. Don't try to twist my words. What I said is this:

I do not believe a Christian will fear dying.

16. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Oh, so you simply do it the other way around. This means that if a christian fears dying then he simply wasn't a christian. :BangHead:

It's so easy, isn't it? :thumbsup:

17. His Blood Spoke My Name

I cannot find in the Word of God that Jesus sweat blood.

18. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Now you amaze me. :confused:

Luk 22:44 And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground.

The sweating of blood is a very serious medical condition, you can also read about it.

19. His Blood Spoke My Name

The twisting of Scripture is a great sin condition. You can read about that.

That passage does not say He sweat blood. The phrase 'as it were' means 'compared to', or 'like'. It does not say 'His sweat was drops of blood falling to the ground.'

20. His Blood Spoke My Name

Man's humanistic philosophies and stinkin' way of thinkin' has distorted the truth of God's Holy Word so much, they have no fear of judgment for murder, they have no fear for disobeying God's Word. They are right in their own eyes.

Isaiah warned of this...

#60 His Blood Spoke My Name, Jan 8, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.