1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Were You Ever A PK OR A DK?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by tyndale1946, Aug 4, 2019.

1. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Anyone who grew up in church, should know what the abbreviations mean?... PK is a Preachers kid and DK is a Deacons kid... If you were one tells us about it... I know I was a deacons kid and we were suppose to set the example for the other kids ... Did we?... Sometimes we got into more mischief with the other deacons kids and preachers kids, we were no angels, that's for sure... So were you ever one or the other?... Brother Glen:)

2. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I never was. My children were pk. Small church, I took out the trash. One of our elder ladies overheard my son complaining about taking out the trash (it was raining) and cornered him when he got back telling him he was an embarrassment to me and the worse excuse for a Christian she had ever seen. Pretty tough on an 11 year old.

3. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OUCH!:eek:... Yeah you may think you're getting away with something but the old folks will grab you by your ear and march you right to your folks and say, now tell them what you did?... And stand there and make sure you get the story right... You know the scripture... Judgement begins at the house of God!... Oh yeah!... Brother Glen:eek:

4. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was a D.K.
    I remember several different P.K.s during my growing up time. Every one of the P.K. was an example of how not to be a Christian. Poster children for rebellion and heathenism.

5. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah!... I know the kind and have crossed paths with many of them... My Daddy is a preacher and you can't do anything to me... So ha, Ha, HA!... Did I open a can of worms?... Brother Glen:)

• Like Like x 1
  6. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was the pastor and she was completely out of line. First, it wasn't her business to discipline my son. Second, she was cruel and mean far beyond what my son did. She ruined him for church. To this day he thinks she is the example of what Christians and church are like. He is 17 and refuses to have anything to do with church. I know it is in God's hands and I trust him to soften his heart some day.

Peace to you

• Prayers Prayers x 1