1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Westboro Baptist Church...

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Pareeeee, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Thousand Hills

Thousand Hills Active Member

The Westboro folks remind me of a line I heard in an old Jimmy Stewart movie. Stewart and a young Kurt Russell had just been released from a prison during the Great Depression. Since Stewart's character had been there a long time he had ammased quite a fortune over the years while working at the prison for pennies a day. The bad guy in the movie played by George Kennedy was a prison guard and tried everything possible to steal the money Stewart had saved. The bad guy spouted Bible verses and claimed to teach Sunday School or something like that. This caused the young Kurt Russell some confusion, to which Stewart replied. "God uses the good ones, and the bad ones use God".

2. Tater77

Tater77 New Member

So your saying that your actions and words have no effect whatsoever on a lost persons choice to come to Church at all? So your telling me that you have nothing to do with it at all?