1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Westcott and Hort...

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by michelle, Aug 18, 2004.

1. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Natters, no proof!
    Natters, no proof!
    Natters, no proof!
    Natters, no proof!
    Natters, no proof!
    Natters, no proof!
    Natters, no proof!

You have no proof to say, "false witness"!!

You have REAL problem with Westcott's own writing. Let's look at what Westcott WROTE:

"The 'bosom of the Father' (like Heaven) is a state and not a place."

Westcott quotation shows that he does NOT believe in it.

Do you think Westcott is with the Lord in Heaven?

You have REAl problem with Hort's own writing. Look at what Hort WROTE:

"Paul speaks of God as enabling him to have an inner vision and perception of His Son.."

Your problem here is HERESY! An inner vision could NOT have blinded Paul.

Do you think Hort is with the Lord in Heaven? For sure, Paul would accuse Hort such as John 5:45-47.

The Scripture said to YOU, "FALSE WITNESS"!

Matthew 7:15 (KJV)
    Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Michelle and I know they are not in Heaven. I agree with Michelle's comment, "Only God knows if their hearts changed prior to their death."

2. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Natters, no proof REPEATEDLY!!!! You have no proof to refute her.

3. Askjo

Askjo New Member

You said W/H are false witnesses because you disagree with their writing.

4. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Repeatedly! Michelle and I can see it repeatedly because we realize that you are a false witness.
    Is your phonebook the Words of God? WOW! You mock God's Words. On other word, you blaspheme God's Words.
    Your comment contradicts with the Scriptures: John 5:45-47.
    That is very obvious to show YOU ignore the evidences.

5. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Why did it NOT add others? HUSH?

6. Askjo

Askjo New Member

This link that you provided is Febraury 18, 1890. This link contradicts with the Scriptures: John 5:45-47.

Westcott wrote on March 4, 1890 :

"No one now, I suppose, holds that the first three Chapters of Genesis, for example, give a literal history -- I could never understand how any one reading them with open eyes could think they did."

The dates between the link and Westcott's writing contradict with the Scriptures. Sorry!

7. Askjo

Askjo New Member

February 18, 1890 refers to Westcott's belief.
    March 4, 1890 refers to Westcott's denial.

This evidence shows that Westcott was an unbeliever because this dates are very obvious to prove Westcott's contradictory comments (See before and after).

8. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Isn't it amazing how attacks on the character of W/H mean something and are important,but attacks on the KJV committee mean nothing and are irrelevant?

The dehatehere should be the quality if the translation,not the character of the men.

9. David J

David J New Member

Askjo said,"Michelle and I know they are not in Heaven."

Yet again you play God! You DO NOT KNOW THIS FOR A FACT! I really hope that W&H were saved but I dare not say that they are lost based on KJVO lies and distortions coming from Gail(god and)A Riplinger etc....

Would a mod please edit or rebuke this slander coming from Askjo? It's on thing to say that I think they were lost but it's another thing to say that they are in Hell.

Would you say the same thing about the AV translators Askjo?

Maybe if you would stop foaming at the mouth and look into the issue honestly then you might change your mind or atleast post something that is not slander and lies. I was once a KJVO but I sought truth and truth took me out of KJVOism!

10. michelle

michelle New Member

--------------------------------------------------
    Isn't it amazing how attacks on the character of W/H mean something and are important,but attacks on the KJV committee mean nothing and are irrelevant?

The dehatehere should be the quality if the translation,not the character of the men.
    --------------------------------------------------

Go back and read all the links I provided, and then maybe you will figure out the reason why.

love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
    michelle

11. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Oh right michelle, I alwasy forget your pat answer

"If you understood you would understand"

12. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Since it was not an attack on another poster I will leave it.

I think it shows the purely judgemental attitude of one side of the debate here. It does more damage to their cause than it helps them.

13. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bro. C4K,

To decipher her posts...

Use the force you must.

14. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In KJV language it's called a "respecter of persons".

HankD

15. natters

natters New Member

Akjo repeatedly said "Natters, no proof!"

I have provided proof, you have simply rejected it. I have given first-hand evidence, and you (like all honest investigators and judges when examining evidence) have rejected first-hand evidence so you can cling to 4th-hand evidence.

Askjo said "You have REAL problem with Westcott's own writing. Let's look at what Westcott WROTE: "The 'bosom of the Father' (like Heaven) is a state and not a place." Westcott quotation shows that he does NOT believe in it."

I see you've been reading the slanderer Waite (or reading another slanderer that read the slanderer Waite). Waite is notorious for twisting quotes completely out of context. Do you have the context of that 4th-hand quote? Do you know what else Westcott said about heaven? Have you read the book this quote comes from?

Askjo said "You have REAl problem with Hort's own writing. Look at what Hort WROTE: "Paul speaks of God as enabling him to have an inner vision and perception of His Son.." Your problem here is HERESY! An inner vision could NOT have blinded Paul.

Again relying on a fellow slanderer for your information. Do you have the context of that 4th-hand quote? Have you read the book this quote comes from? Do you realize that this quote is about Paul's understanding at the event, and Hort is not saying it precludes or replaces the external event? BTW, the external light was not what blinded Paul. I'll let you figure out why.

Askjo said "The Scripture said to YOU, "FALSE WITNESS"!"

No it didn't.

Askjo said "Michelle and I know they are not in Heaven. I agree with Michelle's comment, "Only God knows if their hearts changed prior to their death.""

Those are contradictory statements. How can you know they are not in heaven if you don't know if God changed their hearts prior to their death? Verily, thou art confused.

Askjo said "You have no proof to refute her."

I have provided first-hand proof.

Askjo said "You said W/H are false witnesses because you disagree with their writing."

What are you talking about?

Askjo said "Is your phonebook the Words of God? WOW! You mock God's Words. On other word, you blaspheme God's Words."

No, I did not say my phonebook is the Words of God. I was simply pointing out the fallacy of your reasoning that said that something was the Words of God if it did not affect any doctrines.

Askjo said "Your comment contradicts with the Scriptures: John 5:45-47."

No it doesn't.

Askjo said "That is very obvious to show YOU ignore the evidences."

Quite the contrary. I have read much first-hand evidence. How much first-hand evidence have you read? Or are you limited to 3rd and 4th hand slander?

Askjo said "Why did it NOT add others? HUSH?"

I still don't understand your point. What others did the link not add? What is "HUSH"?

Askjo said "February 18, 1890 refers to Westcott's belief. March 4, 1890 refers to Westcott's denial."

No, the quotes together explain better overall what he believed. Did you know Westcott, like many othordox believers today, believe Genesis 1-3 is poetical in structure, and that Westcott said, in the same paragraph as your "denial" quote, "Poetry is, I think, a thousand times more true than History"? No, I don't think you did. How can Westcott deny something he calls "truth" in the same paragraph. Obviously you have a quote that is ripped out of context.

16. natters

natters New Member

Michelle said "These men did not believe Jesus Christ is God. They only believed he was enlightened with the Christ, just as they believed was the potential for every other human being."

I am still waiting for quotes showing this to be true. Until then, I shall consider you a slanderer. Psalm 101:5, Prov 10:18.

17. Askjo

Askjo New Member

What is your first-hand proof?

18. natters

natters New Member

Askjo said "What is your first-hand proof?"

Their books, in my hand and online at the link I provided. Not from what someone else says they said. Not from what some website somewhere copy/pasted from some other website that copy/pasted from some pamplet that copy/pasted from what someone's second cousin heard from a radio broadcast that copy/pasted from Waite's slanderous and biased and deceptive and tragically poor excuse for "research" into their writings.

How many books of theirs have you held in your hand and read, first hand?

19. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Askjo, Have you ever read a first hand quote from Westcott or Hort? Or, have they always come through the filter of KJVO literature.

20. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

How about these statements by Westcott:
    [bolding is mine]
    and

...to be continued...