1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Westminster Confession Of Faith And The Fall Of Man

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by AndyMartin, May 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calv1

Calv1 Active Member

Yeah that's one they can never jump over, they never answer it, they either act stupid like they don't understand it, or are. But yeah why is one man saved, yet his neighbor not? Is it because he's "Better", "Smarter", "Right place, right time"? Why is it that there are billions throughout the ages that never heard the gospel, does God not have the power to get the gospel to them? Of course He has it, He created everything, so by withholding the Gospel, it's the same as predesignating who is saved, only without purpose. First the bible SAYS everything that happens is predestined, that alone is enough. Then as you read scripture it's everywhere. If things happened without intervention, it's possible that Christ would not have been crucified, what if out of their free will they made Him King? Here's a better one, He's crucified, but out of mans free will NO ONE BELIEVES, Jesus prays for Peter, but Peters will is greater than God, so Satan does sift him like sand.

Look Arminianism is a form of Roman Catholicism, and is not biblical, it's heresy exactly as the Synod of Dort states, I have NO PRIDE, aside from God's grace I'd be wicked and ignorant, it's ONLY by God's grace that I am who I am, God took out my heart of stone, and put in a heart of flesh as promised, I DIDN'T DO IT, He did it, BEFORE I believed, I believed because He changed my heart, "I have drawn you with lovingkindess". I just don't debate anymore, it's like debating Atheists, you show them IE Hebrews 12, read the entire chapter where it teaches that God chastises everyone that He accepts as a son, I did that once in a Pentecostal Church, the leader said "My God is not like that", so I just walked out. I just wish they'd either STUDY AND LEARN THE TRUTH, or leave the Church, to me they are more dangerous than Atheists, for they give a form of Godliness without the truth, so they deceive many. My view had changed MUCH on Arminians, I am convinced many are truly saved, but they don't know the debate, those who learn it WILL believe it, the ones who don't were never saved, they were probably raised Christian, or think it's cool or something. God either grants grace and we do good, or withdraws what we do not deserve, and we sin, when we do good God gets the glory, not us, when we sin however we are responsible, for we are sinners, this is Christianity 101.

Arminians can NEVER pray for anyone, when they pray for say salvation of someone, number one they are asking God to violate mans will, second they saying God is trying, but too weak to save the person. Arminianism is so arrogant, that's what bothers me the most, it robs God of Glory. God's hand has been on me for two years and I saw it, now His face shines on me and I see it, I'm making great money, but that's because of God "Who creates the poor, who makes the rich, is it not I says the Lord", but they'll ignore that verse, just pathetic, sorry guys but I can't help, it's just so aggravating, just tell them to study, then come back so they don't embarrass themselves.

2. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't believe they're the same person, but both are just as biblically unsound as t'other.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It also can and does me to permit!

4. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That ANY of us here are saved is due to the will and purposes of God period!

5. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you have a link to a dictionary to support claim? Or did you just make it up?

ordain

Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Idioms, Encyclopedia.
    or·dain
    (ôr-dān′)
    tr.v. or·dained, or·dain·ing, or·dains
    a.
    To invest with ministerial or priestly authority; confer holy orders on: ordain a priest.
    b. To authorize as a rabbi.
    2. To order or decree by virtue of superior authority: The management ordained that business attire should be worn in the office at all times.
    3. To prearrange unalterably; predestine: events that were ordained by fate.

6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    At the time of the Westminster, it did mean both!

7. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Still no link. Based on usage in the Confession, it obviously meant predestine. There would have been no need for the follow-on thought (not the author of sin) if it meant permit. :)

8. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  9. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just an aside, an oh by the way, concerning the assertion that somehow Ephesians 1:11 supports exhaustive determinism. The verse says God operates "all" according to the counsel of His will. But "all" does not mean "everything imaginable" just all of everything in view. All the marbles does not mean all the marbles on earth, just the ones inside the game's circle. Here the "all" is referring to God's redemption program, and God operates all of it sovereignly according to the counsel of His will. Absolutely no actual support is found in the verse for exhaustive determinism.

10. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Another BTW observation:

I always get a little suspicious when claimed support is not identified by citing a passage. I skimmed both chapters and nothing stood out to me indicating God holds morally accountable the individuals acting in accord with His predestined actions. Much more likely, all the individuals used to carry out God's wrath or evil yet redemptive actions, were also guilty of their own volitional sins, and thus would be held accountable for those independent actions. For example Satan fell of his own accord.

If anyone can specify exactly where this premise, God compels you to sin, then punishes you for that sin, is supported, I would appreciate the effort.

11. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God ordains that the human beings will be able to do what they desire to do, as part of His plan and purposes, but in all decisions, the fault rests solely upon the sinner!

12. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The all would relate in a specific fashion to salvation, and how God operates TULIP....

13. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Go ask Pharaoh!

14. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yet another claim, but lacking support in scripture.

15. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The TULI are all false theology doctrines lacking any support in scripture. The "all" refers to God operating His plan of redemption according to the counsel of His will.

16. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pharaoh sinned big league prior to God hardening his heart, and so any actions of Pharaoh that were predestined may not have added to his stockpile of wrath. Romans 2:5

17. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Really? That's your scriptural support? Talk about false theology.

18. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yet another "taint so and you are rotten for saying so" post. Note the lack of any support for the idea that God compels folks to sin, and then punishes them for that sin.

OTOH, we know Pharaoh had hardened his heart and therefore practiced sin. And we know God punishes the lost for their sins. Case closed, and the actual false theology exposed!

19. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ah, cased closed indeed. Romans 2:5 has no relation to Pharaoh. Eisegesis on parade.

Yet Exodus directly says that God hardened Pharaoh's heart.

5: 21 The Lord said to Moses, “When you go back to Egypt see that you perform before Pharaoh all power; but I will harden his heart so that he will not let the people go.

7: 3 But I will harden Pharaoh’s heart that I may multiply My signs and My wonders in the land of Egypt.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good grief, God punishes sinners for the sins they commit of their own volition. And you seem to deny, certainly intentionally overlook, that Pharaoh hardened his own heart. Cherry-picking scripture on display.

Lets cherry-pick those that support we harden our own hearts through the practice of sin - Exodus 8:15, Exodus 8:32, Exodus 9:34, and 1 Samuel 6:6. Yes, many verses also say God hardened Pharaoh's heart, but my point, exegesis on display, is Pharaoh deserved God's wrath, even if predestined sin is set aside.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.