1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

what about divorce

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by SAMPLEWOW, Sep 9, 2005.

1. SAMPLEWOW

SAMPLEWOW New Member

RirhtFromWrong,
    The real question here is where do I fit in Gods eyes.

What does the bible say.

2. You really need to do more research before you make blanket statements SAMPLE....I went on google and looked up "main causes for divorce" this is just one that I found which basically agreed with me.

http://www.divorcereform.org/cau.html

3. SAMPLEWOW

SAMPLEWOW New Member

I just went there to and 2 out of the first 4 said;marriage is the main cause so I suppose were both wrong.xoxoxoxIMEAN IT THIS TIME I'M GOING TO BED. Besides I'm not sure God is in this conversation anymore with that in mind I'll say,GOOD NIGHT

4. BibleMaMa

BibleMaMa New Member

You can not be a pastor or deacon, but as someone else mentioned you can serve the Lord in many other aspects. Go soul winning, music director, announcer, sunday school teacher, youth director etc.. there are many things you can do.

Some churches will even let you preach a message. My church when we have anniversary sunday lets some of the men in the church preach a message.
    There is a divorced man there and he has been a blessing to the church. God can use you.

Take it up in prayer and your pastor.

5. Johnv

Johnv New Member

No, I'm saying that it's scripturally permissible.
    While I agree, it's unfortunatel that many Christians see that as a sign of not being able to be a proper manager of one's home. Sad, don't ya think?

6. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Scripture doesn't appear to apply that. In fact, Paul encourages people with sexual desires to marry, and does not make an exception for the divorced.
    I beg to differ that adultery and desertion are "easy". They're incredibly severing and irreperable to the marical covenant. Ask anyone who's been the victim of adultery or spousal abuse (a form of desertion). They would not use the term "easy" at all. In fact, remaining in such a marriage is easy. Leaving is hard.