1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What about smoking?????????

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Eugenia, Jan 3, 2004.

1. Eugenia

Eugenia New Member

I spend such a small amount on scratch off tickets that i do not even know. Just once in a while i will get a couple of dollar scratch off tickets. The lotto tickets i have never bought. My oldest daughter bought 2 dollar lotto 2 weeks straight. Now cigarettes are eating me alive on money........probably 7 dollars a day which is 49 a week and that is disgraceful!!!!!!!!!!! At least i know it. I smoke around 2 packs a day except when i am working and then very little. Sounds like i need to work all the time. Eugenia

2. j_barner2000

j_barner2000 Member

I smoked from the time I was 9 till I was 36. It is a hard habit to break. I tried to quit many times. Could not do it. God, one day convicted me of how the habit affected me in health and smell etc. Tossed the pack out the window and never touched another smoke. Been since july of 02. I have cravings once in a while, but He is stronger than any craving and I truly believe He delivered me from the habit.

3. Servent

Servent Member

Just think of what the Lord could do with the money you save @ 4.00 a pack

4. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Point well taken. It should be noted, however, that cigarette manufacturers routinely spike their products with nicotine, making them quite addictive.

5. micah

micah New Member

I am not one for debating if smoking is a sin. But I want you to know I have quit smoking and it is do able. Let me know if you need or want support in quitting. I went to Saturday night services last night at church and one this paster said and im not one for getting things word for word...but he said something to the effect of try something for 21 days. His wife decided to do without sugar in coffee and after 21 days without it, she hasnt gone back. Its by no means a cure all for everyone but sure is worth a try.

my page

6. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I will agree with the second sentence, but the first sentence is just plain wrong. God loved us enough to die for us. Smoking is NOT the unpardonable sin!

I almost choked on this one. Did she tell YOU that when you had a stinky diaper? When your mom dies, you will miss her and want her back...no matter WHAT she smells like!

It takes three weeks to break a habit...good or bad.

My prayers are with anyone facing this battle and it IS a battle. I've been there!

[​IMG]

7. Eugenia

Eugenia New Member

Thank you Sue and Micah for your posting. I sure appreciate both of you. Eugenia