1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What "amount" of Good Works validate Faith?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by ROBERTGUWAPO, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Steven Yeadon

Steven Yeadon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That kind of does it though for this thread I realize. I remembered some bible verses and did research

John 13:35
    New American Standard Bible
    "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Matthew 10:42

New American Standard Bible
    "And whoever in the name of a disciple gives to one of these little ones even a cup of cold water to drink, truly I say to you, he shall not lose his reward."

Matthew 25:37-40
    37Then the righteous will answer Him, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You something to drink? 38When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? 39When did we see You sick or in prison and visit You?’40And the King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of Mine, you did for Me.’

So, faith saves and the elect have love for the Brethren. Our love for each other not our fear and trembling to avoid sin mark us as real disciples.