1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What are exactly the traditions in 2 Thess 2:15?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by jesusrules3, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    TCGreek in answer to Cowboymatt,

"Well, Paul states in Gal 1:11, 12: "Now I want you to know, brothers, that the gospel preached by me is not based on a human point of view. For I did not receive it from a human source and I was not taught it, but it came by a revelation from Jesus Christ."

GE
    "it came by a revelation from Jesus Christ"
    Says Paul, "I declare unto you the Gospel ... I delivered unto you that which I also RECEIVED" (1Cor15:1-3)

Now, even as "a revelation from Jesus Christ" it is 'received' from and "according to" and "as", THE SCRIPTURES. Take it or leave it, this is the sum and the end of the matter. 'Inspiration' even claimed from Jesus Christ, cannot be from Him unles, both received and delivered, "according to the Scriptures"!

2. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

What Paul received directly from Jesus, about our Lord's death and resurrection and the implications for humanity, certainly is according to Scripture.

According to Scripture in the sense that the revelation corresponded to the OT Scriptures, which bore witness to the Messiah and His suffering and triumph (Lk 24:25-27).

3. bbas 64

bbas 64 New Member

Good Day, Agnus Dei

Because the church says so....

Just finishing the circle for you, would not desire you to feel incomplete.

Name it claim it stuff, kind of silly IMHO.

In Him,

Bill