1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What Are Your Thoughts on Apparent Age

Discussion in 'Creation vs. Evolution' started by Steven Yeadon, Oct 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steven Yeadon

Steven Yeadon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I second Revmitchell here, your statement lacks evidence nor biblical critique.

2. Steven Yeadon

Steven Yeadon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Ok, I must stop and confront something. Sir, you sound unhinged in almost all your posts. You seem to think all Christians but you are wrong on understanding the bible, but where is your clear scriptural evidence for this?

3. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    YEC make some really dumb arguments too.

Now God in His infinite power could just as well created all the billions of years of all the rest of the visible universe on Earth's 4th day. The Earth's age only the thousands of years and the universe in its billions of years. Both being true by the God who is Truth.

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You put too much trust in man's perception of the age of the earth. I start with scripture and understand it divorced from man made science. Then I look at science and what this world looks like and view it through the lens of scripture. What I do not do is work to accommodate scripture to man made science.

5. BenWest

BenWest Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You misunderstand. I've studied what Genesis is actually saying since the 70s. I support everything I post with the agreement of Scripture with Science, History, Genetics and true to Math. I use the KJV of the Bible and Strong's online concordance to supply a better understanding of the original language used at the time of Authorship.

God tells us that in the last times:

Act 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon ALL flesh:

Can you tell us how the above will inform evolutionists, God haters, and unbelievers of ALL kinds? God's Spirit is the Spirit of Truth. Jhn 16:13 The current discoveries of Science is HOW God's Truth, which we are just now discovering, and was first printed in Genesis, is True in every way. It's testable evidence of the Truth of God which AGREES in every way with every other discovered Truth of mankind. It has to be Truth, since it AGREES with the actual words of the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Truth.

God also told Daniel HOW to hide God's Truth in front of everyone's eyes which can only be understood by the people who live in the last days with the "increased wisdom" to understand that ONLY God could have known these recently discovered scientific Truths, more than 3k years ago. Daniel 12:4 Sorry, if I haven't been clear enough. God's Holy Word MUST be the Truth in every way, since Jesus told us:

Jhn 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in TRUTH.

6. BenWest

BenWest Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I cannot agree since Young Earth Creationists have been telling us of God's Truth, that in 6 Days/Ages of working 1 Day of resting and celebrating for Eternity or God's 7 Days/Ages of Creation. They have done this by Blind Faith in God's Holy Word. I consider myself the youngest of the young earthers, since they think Creation began 6,000 ago and I show that it was less than 6 Days ago. Amen?

7. BenWest

BenWest Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Me too, but I support my understanding with Scripture and science. What I've found Is that the Truth, whether discovered by man, or in Genesis, is the SAME Truth IF you have a true understanding. To claim that a scientific Truth is different from God's Truth in Scripture means you have to keep searching for God's Truth which agrees with every other discovered Truth. It must since it was written by the Spirit of Truth. Amen?

8. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The outdated KJV is a poor choice, as it has many weak translations, & isn't in OUR English. Try the NKJV & NASV for better understanding.

And He hasn't yet done it.

Actually, TRUE science & Scripture go hand-in-hand.

As I said earlier, God has allowed us to discover the speeda light, etc. & to roughly measure the distances to far-away stars to EDUCATE us, not confound, deceive, or mystify us. Too many "theologians" automatically dismiss all science as counter-religious.

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is the known source of light to the Earth? The Sun. It is rational to understand when God said, "Let there be light" to presume that it was the Sun on the first day.

Now on the fourth day, says God made two lights. We rationally understand those two lights to be the Sun and Moon. The night and stars which the lesser light was to rule existed prior to the Moon being that lesser light. We (mankind) have since deduced that the light of the stars are older than the Sun and Moon being lights to the Earth. There is nothing in written word of God to contradict that except our denials.

#109 37818, Nov 17, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
  10. BenWest

BenWest Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I choose the KJV because it is the most read version of the Bible and less paraphrased or altered than the more modern versions. Heaven is filled with the people saved by the words printed in the KJV.

Either that or you haven't noticed....yet. I have and I am currently putting together a list of recent scientific discoveries which are shown in Genesis.

That's my point. EVERY Christian works out his own Salvation according to what the Holy Spirit teaches him in life. NONE of us think exactly the same. To me, I am happy that I live in the last days when God is pouring out His Truth through Scripture, Science, History, Genetics and Math. Truth is the Truth so I don't agree with man made Theories but only with God's Truth which agrees in every way with every discovery of mankind. Want examples?

11. Shoostie

Shoostie Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, you think billions of light years distance in a universe thousands of years old is insurmountable, but you don't think tens of billions of light years distance in a split second is a problem. Nothing YECs ever came up with is as dumb as the Big Bang.

12. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Based on?

13. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So many absurdities in this statement.

14. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, heaven isn't filled by any men yet. All the souls of the dead are in HADES, either in paradise or torments.

And while the KJV is the most-read & most-printed version, is it the BEST one? Not at all. The NKJV & NASV are more-literal, with far-fewer goofs than the KJV has. And, just-as-importantly, they're in OUR English. (Glaring example of KJV goof-"Easter" in Acts 12:4. Easter didn't exist when Luke wrote "Acts".)

Oh, REALLY ?

Has He poured out His spirit on the world's billion Moslems? How about its billion Bhuddists ?

That's not God's SPIRIT. It's the fulfilling of a prophecy given to Daniel that knowledge & travel shall greatly increase.

15. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Genesis 1:14-16, ". . . And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years: And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so. And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: [he made] the stars also. . . ." In verse 16 it says two qualifing things. The number of lights God says He made on the 4th day, two. And that the lesser light would rule ". . .the night: the stars also." Which makes them, the night and stars pior to those two lights.

#115 37818, Nov 18, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
  16. BenWest

BenWest Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not so as this verse confirms:

2Co 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

Since the LORD is presently preparing a place for Christians, Jhn 14:2 and believers who have already left their body are with Him in the 3rd Heaven, I must disagree.

The KJV translators used the word Easter or the time of the resurrection since it was written in 1611. Many of the later altered versions call God "it" in Genesis. They don't know the difference between God the invisible Trinity (Their kind) and God incarnate, called YHWH in the Old and Jesus Christ in the New Testament, Who created (His kind) in Genesis. Unless one knows the difference between God and LORD God, Genesis makes little sense.

Yes, God is currently pouring out His Spirit of Truth upon ALL flesh including false Religions.

Amen, and proves that we are finally in the last days before Jesus returns. Remember that He returns to keep evil men from destroying "ALL flesh".

Mat 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

Currently Putin and Trump have the power to destroy the entire Earth and all of it's flesh. Amen?

17. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To whom are you speaking ?

18. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then you're not disagreeing with me; you're disagreeing with JESUS, who said not even David was in heaven at the time, & later told the parable of the rich man & the beggar Lazarus. The rich man went to 'torments''; Lazarus went to be with Abraham & others in PARADISE, where Jesus Himself went for 3 days & nights after His death.

Use the King George Version if you want; I prefer using versions in the same language I use, and which my audience uses if I'm teaching from Scripture.

MMRRPP ! WRONG !

THE MEMBERS OF FALSE RELIGIONS AREN'T EXACTLY LEAVING THEM IN DROVES.

Seen many former Moslems in your church lately ?

I recommend you carefully read Revelation about the judgments of the seals, trumpets, & vials of plagues to see some facts about the plagues of the great trib.

But they won't.

19. BenWest

BenWest Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dear Betty, Go to the top of the page and click on your name. The screen will fill with several choices including "conversations". Click on it and you can start a conversation.

20. BenWest

BenWest Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course not since David died BEFORE Jesus was the FIRST to enter Heaven AFTER His crucifixion.

It's the King James Version, the most widely used.

Your presume that when God "pours out His Spirit", it means that ALL flesh will be saved? No, since it would be unjust to send unbelievers to Heaven. God's Spirit IS The Spirit of Truth, ANY Truth and. ALL real Truth is God's Truth. God pours out His Spirit today in Truth.

Do you think Christians will go through the Tribulation?

Really? Chapter and verse, please. Two of the biggest liars in history, and you believe them? Tell us what Trump will do when he gets desperate. Will he resign so that Pence can pardon Him? Or will he refuse to provide the codes necessary for the defense of our country when Russian Missiles begin to fall? Cowards are the most dangerous kind. You have more faith in them than I do. Amen?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.