1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What denomination should you be?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Salty, Feb 19, 2023.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Before we go anywhere with this discussion, please, I would like to know (without elaboration) what order you would put the three B’s… Belief, Birth, Baptism. A one two three placement is sufficient… then we can compare notes. I will tell you that I’m impressed by your knowledge and diligence in understanding but I don’t know from where it springs from (unless it’s the Holy Ghost) and if so I’m more than happy to accommodate you in dialog… but let’s keep it to a minimum because I have a broken wrist so I can’t type too long w/o pain. Thanks

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Alan Gross

Alan Gross Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Right. That is what they tell me. Something Supernatural like that is all Him, as you know.

I just load my guns and am surprised what the Lord allows me to shoot at!

Thank you. Praise God.

I am standing on the shoulders of Many good men of God, from whom I have been Blessed to learn.

My calling, apparently is to place the Eternal Word of God under the view of the souls of others, so the Holy Spirit may use it to Bless and teach them, as I was taught.

The Goal is to worship The Glory of God.
    The Birth of the Holy Spirit is what you mean, obviously(?), so Birth, Believe, Baptism.
    No hassle. Will be praying for you and your wrist. I understand. Mine didn't break from, from my biking skills, in my sixties, but after 5 years of shots and theory I'm Very Much Improved! Whew!!

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Whoaaaa - we are getting way off OP
    This thread is meant to take the test and indicate your results.
    To go into detail - feel free to start a new thread.......

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Birth, Believe, Baptism., Congratulations ya got the sequence right! :Thumbsup

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Alan Gross

Faith:
    Baptist
    Excuse me,

100% a Baptist's fault.

6. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Says The Episcopal Church would be suited for me. NOPE!!

7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    why not?

8. rockytopva

rockytopva Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I see the church denominations as seven...

Messianic -Began in Jerusalem (Ephesus - The first church of Revelation)
    Oriental Orthodox- Of the Roman Empire (Smyrna - Foxes has ten Roman persecutions)
    Orthodox - Began in Constantinople (Pergomos - Towers... Needed in the dark ages)
    Catholic - Built in Rome (Thyatira - The spirit of Jezebel is to control and dominate)
    Protestant - Built in Germany (Sardis - A gem... Elegant and rigid)
    Revived - Built in England (Philadelphia - Wesleyan Holiness - Can't keep the revival going)
    Material - Built in the United States (Rich and increased with goods and has need of nothing?)

Laodicea - I am weary of the false charisma of our time! I find few churches who walk in the old Wesleyan Holiness ways so I have no denomination to recommend. The Merrimac Pentecostal Holiness Church... Wonderful people! When the old WW2 generation passed away the church went down with it. As much as I love the organization of the Pentecostal Holiness movement we are no good without good people. I go to Pentecostal Holiness Churches that have changed their names to some kind of "worship center" but it is totally different than what I was brought up with. The old timers used to claim that they had something that would take them to heaven. I have often wondered where the Laodicean ways will end up taking us!

[​IMG]

#48 rockytopva, Apr 1, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2023
  9. Alan Gross

Faith:
    Baptist
    Looks like a fun-loving crowd!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The VAST majority of Episcopal churches are theologically in the same vein as ELCA, PCUSA, UCC, Disciples of Christ, and American Baptist.

The ACNA would be a much better fit if I wasn't able to attend my own church.

11. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    puritanical synonym - Search (bing.com) ...from my experience on this board I would add judgmental, intolerant, maybe even Pharisaical.