1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What did YOU learn from Noah's Ark?

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by I Am Blessed 24, Jan 27, 2003.

1. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Everything I need to know, I learned from Noah's Ark...

ONE: Don't miss the boat.

TWO: Remember that we are all in the same boat.

THREE: Plan ahead. It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark.

FOUR: Stay fit. When you're 60 years old, someone may ask you to do something really big.

FIVE: Don't listen to critics; just get on with the job that needs to be done.

SIX: Build your future on high ground.

SEVEN: For safety's sake, travel in pairs.

EIGHT: Speed isn't always an advantage. The snails were on board with the cheetahs.

NINE: When you're stressed, float awhile.

TEN: Remember, the Ark was built by amateurs; the Titanic by professionals.

ELEVEN: No matter the storm, when you are with God, there's always a rainbow waiting.

[​IMG]
    Sue

2. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    12. Don't put lions and unicorns in the same holding pen. :eek: [​IMG]

3. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Day 41 will come

4. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There was a door.
    All outside were shut out.
    All inside were shut in.
    Doors are opened and shut according to God's prerogative.

5. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Being a passenger on Noah's ark is quite a bit like being the pastor of a local church... you spend most of your days feeding the flocks and shoveling manure. It often stinks (think of the close quarters with the livestock and the very high humidity from the flood), but the alternatives are much worse. :D

[ January 27, 2003, 08:34 PM: Message edited by: Baptist Believer ]

6. Speedpass

Speedpass Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG] LOL @ BaptistBeliever :D

7. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Same thing I was thinking. :cool: Lots of manure out there, and that *beep* *beep* *beep* you here is the truck with another load backing up!

But isn't that how we bear fruit? John 15 says if the branch (us) doesn't bear fruit, the gardener will dig around it and "dung" it.

Lord knows I'm TRYING to bear fruit :eek:

8. Graceforever

Graceforever New Member

I learned that it is impossible to sink while in the arms of Jesus.....

9. I Am Blessed 24

You people are sooo good! I am adding to my list now! [​IMG]

Sue

10. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Does anyone remember when Arco gas stations used to give out Noah's ark figures on every visit?

11. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Whoa ... Has anyone stopped to think that we are asking the wrong question?? I believe the question should be, What is the story of the ark intended to teach? As I read this, an awful lot is being shoehorned into the story that I can't really find in the text. I think we need to be a bit more bound to the text and to authorial intent when we go fishing for meaning.

12. Sherrie

Sherrie New Member

Sue...after all the responses I learned from it all....Don't forget to bring your boots, cause the manure gets deep! [​IMG]

Ok...ok....ok....stop laughing now and get serious....

Pastor Larry...one of the things I learned was to trust God. When He says something He means it. That God's wrath is not something to mess with. God's way is the only way.

And then after all the meanings that will be said, I think God says He is a forgiving God. Repent and follow the Lord.

Sherrie

13. I Am Blessed 24

I don't remember that John. I DO remember them giving out 'Green Stamps' though. [​IMG]

Sue

14. I Am Blessed 24

Actually Pastor Larry; My original post was not intended to be humorous. I think the story of Noah's Ark could very well teach the things on my list and much more.

Sorry if I offended anyone. [​IMG]

Sue

15. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Well said. This is what I would say. God expects obedience and punishes disobedience.

I didn't realize this was supposed to be humor. I apologize. I see a lot of stuff like that people take seriously. Please accept my apologies.

16. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

"FOUR: Stay fit. When you're 60 years old, someone may ask you to do something really big."

Like doggy paddle for 40 days and 40 nights??? :p

The only thing I really thought of from the story was trust. He had to trust that even though the world, literally, thought he was nuts, God was right. He had to have a lot of trust to lead them animals on board too, I'm sure he didn't have a tranquilizer gun. Exactly how DO you tell if you got a male and a female tarantula??
    Gina

17. I Am Blessed 24

[​IMG] LOL [​IMG] Gina!

Actually, I believe that God sent the animals two by two. Noah had no means to go all over the world to gather them. [​IMG]

Sue

18. Sherrie

Sherrie New Member

No Pastor Larry, do not apologize.

Well I know that no one else will understand how this has anything to do with Noah's Ark, but I am going to write it anyway, because its how I feel right now.

I love talking or writing my deep thoughts about God. I love reading scripture. But when I write or talk about God, I love talking or writing about God in an intimate way. Meaning being close, and safe in His arms. I love talking or writing about Him in my life and what he means to me personally. To me that is so exciting. Some mostly get tired of hearing it.

But when I am messing up, well....you can certainly see by my writing when I am hiding behind a bush.

I am so glad God is a forgiving God. But if I stay behind the bush too long, God may get angry with me for not being obedient, and not coming out and not fess'n up to what is wrong.

And Like Noah and the Ark, I don't want to wait until Jesus shuts the door, and it cannot be opened anymore.

Oh to be without Jesus. To not ever see His light. To know that my God will never hear or see me anymore is more than I can bare. It makes me cry. To drown in my sins, because I was so stiff necked not to just say I messed up, forgive me Jesus.

This is what I know from Noah and the ark.

Sherrie

[ January 28, 2003, 05:33 PM: Message edited by: Sherrie ]

19. Sherrie

Sherrie New Member

Pastor Larry, are you still there?

Sherrie

20. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I like the fact that God invited Noah on board--He said--"Come thou into the ark and thy house!"--He didn't say--"Go into the ark!" Folks, God was on board that ark before Noah was---what a picture of the Lord Jesus Christ and His first earthly message--"Come unto Me all ye that are weary and heavy laden and I will give you rest"--I'm convinced that after 120 years of nailin' nails and sawin' boards--that by then Noah was pretty weary and heavy laden--and he came aboard that ark and rested---then it says that the ark "rested" on the Mountains of Ararat--

Interesting that the last message of the Holy Spirit to the world is--"And the Spirit says 'Come!"--

But thats just me!
    Blackbird