1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

what do think of the new Nrsv then?

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by JesusFan, Dec 27, 2021.

1. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

I have the older Nrsv and use it, but seems to me to be too much into inclusive language, and fear that the new revised edition will take it even more so direction. Any here seen it yet?

• Like Like x 1
  2. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    #2 37818, Dec 27, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. JesusFan

yes, they do still have an issue with the Virgin birth, and seem to also are attempting to water down homosexual sinning in the bible

• Informative Informative x 3
  4. RipponRedeaux

RipponRedeaux Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I suppose you are referring to Isaiah 7:14 for the first clause of your statement.

In addition to the NRSV, the CEB, NABRE and NET all have 'young woman.'

A footnote in the 1995 NASB has 'Or, your maiden.'

A footnote in the current NASB has 'young unmarried woman.'

Footnotes for the NIV, NLT and LEB all have 'young woman.'

Regarding the second clause of your statement, please provide proof of your contention.

5. JesusFan

Do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived! Fornicators, idolaters, adulterers, male prostitutes, sodomites, thieves, the greedy, drunkards, revilers, robbers—none of these will inherit the kingdom of God. 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 (NRSV)

Do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived! The sexually immoral, idolaters, adulterers, male prostitutes, men who engage in illicit sex, thieves, the greedy, drunkards, revilers, swindlers—none of these will inherit the kingdom of God. 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 (NRSVue)

None of the daughters of Israel shall be a temple prostitute; none of the sons of Israel shall be a temple prostitute. Deuteronomy 23:17 (NRSV)

“None of the daughters of Israel shall serve in an illicit shrine; none of the sons of Israel shall serve in an illicit shrine. (NRSVue)

There were also male temple prostitutes in the land. They committed all the abominations of the nations that the LORD drove out before the people of Israel. 1 Kings 14:24 (NRSV)

there were also illicit priests in the land. They committed all the abominations of the nations that the Lord had driven out before the people of Israel.* (NRSVue)
    Seems like trying to make some homosexual acts as being legit

• Like Like x 1
  6. Conan

Conan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know. Seems like they condemn them to me.

7. JesusFan

Men who do illicit sex seems to indicate that there are some sexual acts between men allowed

8. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One very interesting change in the NRSVue is the change from "sin offering" to "purification offering." This change is made about 125 times. I wonder if the verse mistranslated as Jesus became sin for us, will now read Jesus became a purification offering for us? I wonder how 2 Corinthians 5:21 reads in the NRSVue?

• Useful Useful x 1