1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What Do We Know About Obama

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by OldRegular, Oct 25, 2008.

1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

It seems as if you feel your judgement trumps the Scripture. It shows in other posts. Then again, how much bearing can anyone have who insists on praising liberal Republicans.

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Wow, Divine insight. Thats a good trick. A flawed human that has the ability to look at the soul of another human and make a Godly judgement. Can you teach me that trick?

3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Given your animosity toward Bush do you believe your prayer, assuming you included him among all the leaders, was honored.

Given your rational we would all be singing God save the queen!:laugh:

Can you tell me how we can live "a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty" while we are allowing 4000 unborn children to be murdered each day and how you can vote for a man who supports this and worse? Then you can criticize me for stating I will pray for our country rather then the success of a man who wants to enslave us all.

#43 OldRegular, Nov 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2008
  4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see no reason why not. I do not pray for success for particular policies but that God will guide leaders throughout the world that the world will be as peaceful as possible. And I think that less abortions equal more peacefulness. And I think that more nations getting along with each equals more peacefulness.

5. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Have you ever read the book of Romans and Timothy? They are in the NT.

6. Enoch

Enoch New Member

:wavey:Attention, attention all Obama followers…Your demand for respect, prayers and whatever else you are pulling out of your hats... is rather humorous. You have spewed and spewed and spewed some more about President Bush and yet your cup runneth over with hypocrisy. Some of us do not drink from your cup so save it for some chum who thinks Obama is a superhero.

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

So, you contend that praying for the president is 'pulling something out of the hat?' I thought that was biblical.

8. Enoch

Enoch New Member

You really need to read my post in its entirety or should I say quote my post in its entirety. You’re a smart guy, so I'm sure you were able to do so.

9. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

So you can really ignore the words from Timothy to pray for all those in authority?

I pray for President Bush regularly - I intend to pray for President Obama. We are not excluded from praying for our leaders because of their policies. God's word could not be clearer. The following words are not a condition for praying for them, but how we should be praying. 'that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty' That is part of how we should pray.

I agree that we need that prayer no matter who is president.

Since Caesar was king do you really think that Timothy said "I cannot pray for Caesar because I believe he intends to complete the destruction of the church"?

10. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Bush earned it by 8 years of malpractice.

Obama has yet to take office.

In 4 years, we may be saying the same about Obama but for now he deserves a chance.

11. Enoch

Enoch New Member

Thank you for confirming my point.

12. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Question...

Does anyone really know what time it is?
    Does anyone really care?

13. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks, but there's no trick.

He told us so. I'm sorry you weren't paying attention.

14. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Amazing isn't it. Some put the Democratic and Republican platforms above Scripture. Maybe the Holy Spirit gave the writers of those two platforms a double dose of Inspiration.

15. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I know this: he was elected 44th President.

Those who say they will not pray for President-elect Obama must not believe in the veracity of God's Word or the power of prayer.

16. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Thats a fact, and Amen to it.

17. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

AMEN Brother, a good AMEN good there... :thumbs:

God didn't give me the spirit of fear because I know whose really in control.

18. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Saying not to vote for a duly elected leader shows a lack of understanding of Scripture that I have not seen on this board. This point has nothing to do with who one voted for.

19. donnA

donnA Active Member

your right, that should have been enough of a list to convince anyone not to vote for him.

20. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Read this: http://www.suntimes.com/news/falsani/726619,obamafalsani040504.article

Then let's talk some more.

In the meantime, it's time for morning prayer, where we'll pray for President Bush and President-elect Obama.