1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What do you think about hypnosis?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Jul 18, 2006.

1. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Is it occult? From Satan? Or rather harmless?
    How do you explain that people which are hypnotized are able to do things which they could never do in normal life? For example people are hypnotized and they become totally stiff like a board and you can put somebody between 2 chairs and another person can stand on that person! In a normal state this is absolutely impossible. How can this be explained? Does the body have hidden powers which are only accessible through hypnosis or do you think that this power comes from demons?

2. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

Hypnosis opens your mind to other influences. Do you think that's a wise idea?

3. genesis12

genesis12 Member

Regardless of what happens or where "it" comes from, stay away from it. We look to God thru Christ in the power of the Holy Spirit, not to hypnosis, magic, demonology, psychics, etc. All of that is of the mind/soul, not the spirit, and is incredibly dangerous. If I can talk to God, why would I want to be hypnotized? Think about it. You're talking to your creator! Ask Him for answers!

4. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

The state of the hypnotized mind is the same as the altered state induced by eastern meditative techniques and New Age practices. I used to go into these states. It makes your mind open to anything that wants to come in, plus it suspends your critical thinking skills and your judgment.

I have had hypnotherapists affirm the above to me personally. Of course, they see it as a good thing since they are using hypnosis to get people to stop smoking, stop drinking, etc. However, this is not a good enough reason to use it as it is allowing someone to play with your mind.

This is not a natural state of mind - it is not the same as daydreaming, sleeping, or relaxing, as some people claim.