1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What do you think about laughing in the spirit?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Dec 29, 2005.

1. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

Bro Ruben,

Its a "manifestation" of the Holy Spirit that many (mostly charismatic) claim is a gift from Him.

I have seen it in action, and I didnt "catch" it. I thought it was repulsive to blame that kind of activity on Him. Where I was, perople were barking like dogs and doing other things as well. Made me sick at my stomach.

2. music4Him

music4Him New Member

Where I was, people were barking like dogs and doing other things as well.

Not saying that I don't believe ya. I'd just like to know where these dog barking churches are today? :eek: I have never been to one.... that I can remember. Why arn't they on TBN? Or the internet? Church names and addresses? Names of the pastor of these church? Are those churches still in operation today? :confused:

3. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

The one I saw was Brownsville ASsembly of God, Pensacola, Florida

Actually, they used to broadcast a few years back. I am not sure if they still do. But they always cut out those parts. They did this jerking/shaking thing too, and you could see it occasionally on tv, but you had to know what you were looking for, b/c it was edited.

4. music4Him

music4Him New Member

Thank you Tater for the lead. Hopefully I can find a website on them and send a email with questions.

5. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

Sure. They were linked with the Toronto Blessing. They used to have a website. If you cant find it, let me know and I will dig fer ya. Happy New year.

6. music4Him

music4Him New Member

I found it~

Happy New Year Ya'll!

7. music4Him

music4Him New Member

Wow 2 more minuets and it 'll be 2006!

8. music4Him

music4Him New Member

Yeee......Hawwwww! Happy 2006 and may God bless!

9. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Interestingly, if you are worried about blaspheming the Holy Spirit, you physically then can not be a postion to have done so. Blaspheming the Holy Spirit it rejecting Him and the Salvation that is offered through Christ when He knocks at the door of your heart, and dying in that state.

10. standingfirminChrist

Ya know something interesting that hasn't come up in this thread is the fact that Jesus said when the Comforter comes, it will not speak of itself, but will testify of Him.

In all the times of 'laughing revival' I have seen or heard, I have never seen Christ being lifted up in the laughing, just the Holy Spirit. Why is the Holy Spirit the focus and not Jesus? If it is not testifying of Christ, it is not the Holy Spirit.

Too many put too much emphasis on the Holy Spirit and not enough on our risen Lord. Now, don't get me wrong, I do believe in the third person of the trinity, but we are not to focus on Him.

11. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

I would have my doubts about 'laughing in the Spirit.' I cannot find this in my N.T.

Some people in our century have committed the sin of 'blaspheming the Holy Spirit.' Some people know they have stepped over that line and others could care less if they have 'blasphemed the Spirit of God.'

There is a Hell for these kinds of people along with all who reject Christ as Savior.

12. standingfirminChrist

I am not convinced that those people who are 'laughing in the Spirit are actually blaspheming the Holy Spirit.

In an excellent message called 'God's Three Deadlines', J Harold Smith preaches a good message on the blaspheming the Holy Spirit.

I tend to agree with his view. The blaspheming of the Holy Spirit is attributing that which He has done to being the works of the devil.

J Harold Smith's sermon 'God's Three Deadlines can be heard Here . Once you get to this page, you have to click the link for the Real Video Page. Dr Smiths video is on that page.

13. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Excellent point.

Whether it be speaking in tongues, being slain in the Spirit, barking like a dog in the Spirit, meowing like a cat in the Spirit, whatever, it ought to be put through the test of whether it glorifies Christ or man. Echoing standingfirm, If it is not testifying of Christ, it is not the Holy Spirit.

14. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They were told to "Sit. Stay."

How could you speak of Calvary while rolling on the floor doubled up in laughter? How could you be sober in all things and yet stagger about like a drunk?