1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What doctrines are essential to the new birth?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Benyamin, Feb 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not think you studied the issue. Did Abraham raise his knife with intent? Time and again scripture answers your question. Read all the verses that say in effect "your faith has" saved, healed, etc. Time to turn from falsehood.

2. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus warned against trusting in what we do to be saved saying, as found in Matthew 7:21-23, ". . . Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. . . ."

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Luk 7:50
    And He said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you; go in peace.”
    I do not think you studied the issue. Did Abraham raise his knife with intent? Time and again scripture answers your question. Read all the verses that say in effect "your faith has" saved, healed, etc.

Who does Christ "know?" Those God places in Christ!!
    Why does God or on what basis does God place individuals into Christ? Those whose faith God credits as righteousness.

1Th 3:6
    But now that Timothy has come to us from you, and has brought us good news of your faith and love, and that you always think kindly of us, longing to see us just as we also long to see you,

Scripture answers your question, and doctrine is not mentioned. Here is the question for you to study, what "kind" of faith does God credit as righteousness. Trust in God or trust in doctrine? Love of Christ or love of doctrine. Is "faith" referring to the information (Son of God, God incarnate, Eternal God, etc) or full blown love and devotion to Christ, no matter what?

#143 Van, Feb 16, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
  4. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You think wrongly. Yes, Abraham raised his knife with intent. Genesis 22:11-12, ". . . And the angel of the LORD called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here am I. And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me. . . ." But Abraham was justified in his faith, without any kind of work, in the LORD many years earlier, Genesis 15:6. Romans 4:5.

#144 37818, Feb 16, 2020
  5. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Valid faith is always in truth. Faith in lies kills, Genesis 3:4.

2 Thessalonians 2:10, ". . . And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. . . ."

#145 37818, Feb 16, 2020
  6. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus taught, as found in Matthew 7:2, ". . . For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. . . ."

So the Apostle Paul warned, ". . . Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things. . . ."

Yes, this applies to me first!

7. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The characteristic of Abraham's faith was that he was "all in" even willing to sacrifice his only son to follow God.
    The characteristic of the woman was that she loved Christ, even to tears, and was willing to humble herself.
    Faith lacking love and devotion to Christ is not the faith God credits as righteousness.

There is plenty of time (usually) to learn how to be an effective ambassador of Christ, accurately handling the word of truth.

• Like Like x 1
  8. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes. Not loving the truth is not the right kind of faith. (John 14:6)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Six Hour Warning
    This thread will be closed sometime after 4 PM Pacifc.

10. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.