1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What does the Bible teach on healing?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Youth in Asia, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Youth in Asia

Youth in Asia New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What do you think is God's will on healing people?

We know that healing is mostly used to extend life, and since no one can live forever in this life, healing has limits. So Why does God do this? Is it because He loves to answer prayers?

I'm reminded of Joni Erickson Tada, who was paralyzed longer than anyone in scripture, what can we learn from her testimony?

Thanks!

2. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Healing has several aspects. In the past (I believe) Jesus and His apostles had the power to heal someone lame or blind or even dead, in order to authenticate their message, the gospel of Christ. Some people believe that gift exists today, but others called cessionalists do not.

Putting that controversy aside, many believe we are to make our desires known to God, and therefore we are to pray for God (if He wills) to heal, comfort, and guide as walk through the valley of death.

My prayers, perhaps not as comforting as might be needed, are that God's wonderful and perfect will be accomplished in the lives of the sick and their loved ones.

Why, on occasion does God seemingly intervene supernaturally and temporarily heal people? God loves His children and heaps blessings upon them. Perhaps God's purpose is furthered by controlling the time line of events. One thing is certain, we do not know what God will choose to do, our job is to trust Him unconditionally, as He is love and just and perfect.

3. Youth in Asia

Youth in Asia New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks, really helpful!