1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What happened to the resurrected FLESHLY Body of Christ?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by The Biblicist, Aug 24, 2012.

1. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe it is called comfort one another.

Mark 1:14,15 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Acts 20:25 And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more. Acts 17:1,7 Now when they had passed through Amphipolis and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica, where was a synagogue of the Jews: Whom Jason hath received: and these all do contrary to the decrees of Caesar, saying that there is another king, Jesus.

Rev. 11:15,18 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become [the kingdoms] of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever. And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

2 Tim. 4:1 I charge [thee] therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
    The quick (those alive) and the dead (those who have died, no longer alive)

Dear Paul, You remember Larry, Curly and Mo? Well they died last year and we were wondering how Larry, Curly and Mo are going to be in the kingdom of God?

1 Thess. 4:16,17 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive [and] remain (the quick) shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

By resurrection from the dead and or instant change at his appearing??? Yes or No?

Does this take place at his appearing and his kingdom????

1 Thess 4:18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Luke 23:42,43 YLT and he (Bob) said to Jesus, `Remember me, lord, when thou mayest come in thy reign;' and Jesus said to him, `Verily I say to thee To-day, with me thou shalt be in the paradise.'

I moved the coma from preceding To-day to following to match all previous scripture being there were no coma's to begin with.

Paraphrased.
    Bob said to Jesus, Lord remember me when you come in your kingdom. And Jesus said, Bob before today is past you and I are going to die on these crosses, however truly I say to you today, you will be with me in Paradise.

Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Does the word of God speak of dying and going to heaven, or does the word of God speak of inheriting .by birth, the kingdom of God at his appearing????

And as that great man Job said.

And [though] after my skin [worms] destroy this [body], yet in my flesh shall I see God:

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The soul was never resurrected; the soul never dies. There is no such thing as a resurrection of a soul. That is a contradiction in terminology. Did God die? No, God did not die. It is impossible for God to die. If it is impossible for God to die; it is impossible for God to be resurrected. When talking about Christ, you must consider also his divine nature.
    Man also, like the angels, is a spirit being. He cannot die. He sheds this mortal body at death, and his spirit lives on--whether in hell or in heaven, it will live. The separation of soul from body is death. Man does not die, per se. His soul lives on.

James 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

A resurrection only applies to a body, never a spirit or soul. It is not a resurrection when speaking of a soul or spirit. That defies the very definition of the word "resurrection." Only bodies can be raised from the dead. There is no such thing as a "spirit resurrection." To suggest such is simply to deny that the resurrection even took place.

#82 DHK, Aug 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2012
  3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

gets a little tricky here though, as God in Jesus Incarnated as a man, so Jesus , God the Son, DID indeed die a physical death in His human body, same as we all do, but yes, His spiritual natures of God/Man NEVER tasted death!

For IF Jesus had also spiritually died, as was indicated by a prior poster, that would have meant that he would have to be Born Again, not qualified to be a Saviour, and would be Word of faith nonsense teaching!

4. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Acts 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell,

Please inform me as to how as Peter said, that David was speaking of the resurrection of the Christ, when he wrote Psalm 16:10 "For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption," how his soul returned from Sheol?

That is what Peter said David was speaking of concerning the resurrection of the Christ, is it not?

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The word is not sheol, but hades. Sheol is a Hebrew word; the NT was written in Greek. Either way, even in the OT it was simply "the place of the departed dead," a picture of which is given in Luke 16. He did not stay with the the OT saints such as Abraham, Lazarus and others. He said to the dying thief: "Today thou shalt be with me in paradise." That part of "sheol" was paradise. He led them out of paradise and into heaven.

His body would not see corruption. It was not left in the grave to rot. It was raised after three days. That is the resurrection, an undeniable fact. His body was raised; the tomb was empty, and for forty days after his resurrection he appeared to over 500 witnesses--those who you would have to call liars if his fleshly body did not rise from the dead, and if it is not sitting on the right hand of the throne of God today.

6. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

The soul of a sinner is ressurected from death unto life at the point of salvation. Resurrected means to be from a state of seperation of God due to our sins, to being in union with God again. Meaning, spiritual death = seperation from God, and being resurrected to life, which = united with God.

7. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The lost person is not "resurrected" but "quickened" at the point of salvation. The term "resurrection" does NOT mean

Go find a good Greek dictionary. The term means to "RAISE UP" and it is NEVER used of the soul but always of the body because there is nothing to "RAISE UP" about the soul as it is STATIONARY in the body but only spiritually "dead" or "SEPARATED." The spirit of man is QUICKENED by Spiritual union with God and that is called "regeneration" or "new birth" but NEVER "resurrection."

In John 5 Jesus said the spiritually dead shall "hear" his voice because he calls them to spiritual life but he does not refer to it as a resurrection. He only introduces the term resurrection when he speaks of the body in the grave (Jn. 5:28-29).

8. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are correct, in that resurrection always refers to the physical Body, while the spiritual aspect is called regenerated!