1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What happens if you die while you're sinning?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, May 14, 2006.

1. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

**Whew** I have to walk away from this for a little bit, to me this is absolutely bizarre

2. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Thanks HP;
    I meant to say it is foolish to even have to try to defend against some saying "it doesn't take repentance to get Salvation". If a person don't ever repent then they will die and go to a devil's hell.

3. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

At this point I feel like sprinkling Holy Water all over the place for protection, and I'm not even Catholic...

(Just Joking... sort of)

4. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

..or maybe get out a Crucifix and point it at some people

5. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Claudia you are proving my point from another thread. You can see that the everlasting punishment is not really everlasting, but you say that everlasting life is everlasting.

It can be one=eternity and the other=a period of time. Are they eternal or not?

You say that punishment is not eternal, but life it. That's a contradiction. It's the same word. How can one be eternal and the other not?

Now you give some of the verses from the parable of the wheat and tares and then act as though because you posted the Scripture it proves your point.

I know what the Scripture says. And it doesn't prove your point at all. If a saved person is walking in the flesh they are a child of the wicked one. If they are walking in the Spirit they are a child of God.

Jesus called Peter Satan himself, because Peter was walking in the flesh and was speaking from the flesh not the Spirit.

This will be my last post on this matter, becuase you showed signs of wanting to take an honest look at Scripture, but that point has come and gone by your final two statements.

6. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

That's funny. The phrase "Kingdom of God" appears in 68 verses of the NT and the single word "kingdom" appears 158 times in 150 verses. And in the vast majority of them, it is clearly talking about something that is literal and future. (Those who promote the fallacy of a spiritualized and mystical Kingdom use 5 exceptional passages to try to prove their ideas, and many others simply ignore the word "Kingdom" and try to apply it all to salvation.)

But, if you've never seen a thing about the Kingdom, I can think of 218 verses you should read.

Well, I'm glad that you at least see that.

Never mind. I guess you don't see that you are either saved or you aren't. Apparently, you have to somehow "qualify" yourself to be saved.

Care to back up this claim with Scripture?

7. D28guy

D28guy New Member

Claudia,

Thats nonsense. I understand completly what you are saying. Always have.

No, you TRY and keep them.

Then you dont "keep" them.

You posted...

These were under the Law because they were Israelites, and they certainly werent "blameless" in the sense of never breaking them because Gods testimony is that nobody has ever kept that law perfectly.(except Christ of course)

Thats why God instituted the sacrificial system...which were a "type" of Christ.

In the church age Christs sinless perfection and rightiousness is imputed to us who are born again. Credited to our account, so to speak.

We are completly free of the Law because perfection has been imputed to us through Christ.

We are then free to grow in grace. To grow and mature and walk in the life changing power of the Holy Spirit, who produces the "fruit of the Spirit" in our lives.

We are now to walk in the "newness of the Spirit", and not the "oldness of the letter", because...

God bless,

Mike

8. gekko

gekko New Member

J.Jump said "When the church is talked about in the Bible it is always talking about true believers. It's never talking about true believers mixed with fake believers."

i bet the bible will say otherwise. what's the parable of the sower mean then? if you cannot get the understanding of that parable, how are you to understand the meaning of all parables?

J.Jump said "kingdom of the heavens"
    kingdom of heavens? - no. it says "kingdom of heaven.
    and its got everything to do with true/false converts.

9. standingfirminChrist

Claudia,

The Bible says 'By what measure ye judge, ye shall be judged.'

Having said that, I feel the question asked, 'Do you keep all the commandments?' is appropriate.

If you tell people that they have to keep one commandment, yet you yourself do not keep another commandment, you are not qualified to point out their guilt.

Jesus said 'Remove the beam from thine own eye and then thou shalt see clearly to remove the mote from thy brother's eye.'

We read in the book of James, 'For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.'

Do you keep the whole law?

10. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Yea, but Apostle Paul told us what Law he was speaking about and quoted the Commandments.

11. gekko

gekko New Member

jeepers. claudia has already said she hasn't kept the whole law.

go a little easy on her will ya? this been goin on for a few pages now - her tryin to get that into your heads!

12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

In the light of gekko's quote, what is the answer to the title of the thread?
    Time for a few more posts, then the thread will be closed due to its length.
    DHK

13. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Hebrews, chapter 6

"4": For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

"5": And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

"6": If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Does this include you Brother Bob? How do you take this passage? Are you one of the ones that have fallen away? Maybe you haven't committed adultery, but what about lying? Or are you now at the stage of sinless perfection?
    If you are not totally sinless, then accordingly there remains no hope for you. Is this your belief?
    DHK

15. standingfirminChrist

Hebrews 10:26-27 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

I do believe in eternal security of the believer, but I believe many are not true believers. The above verse is an instance of those who are not true believers, IMO

16. standingfirminChrist

I believe those who willfully sin, without feeling the chastening hand of the Lord, were never truly saved; for, the Lord chastens whom He loveth.

17. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Gekko go back and re-read the parable, the church isn't even mentioned in that parable. The church wasn't even in existence at that time.

Gekko find a Greek NT online or go out and buy one and you will see that in the original language (which is God's Word and error free - not the translations) that it has been mistranslated as kingdom of heaven. There is a definite article in front of heaven and it is always plural not singular.

Because of this mistranslation there has been a vast amount of misunderstanding and man-made doctrines built.

18. gekko

gekko New Member

only God knows the heart of man - if it is unwilful sin (like that of which paul speaks of in romans 7) - then i believe they would be going to heaven.

only God knows the heart of man - if it is wilful sin - and has stayed in wilful sin all his life - then they would be going to hell.

but again - only God knows the heart of man.

19. gekko

gekko New Member

J.Jump said "Gekko go back and re-read the parable, the church isn't even mentioned in that parable. The church wasn't even in existence at that time."

did i say anything about any church? NO! i was simply talking about true/false conversions that Jesus warned about.

20. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Gekko how can you say only God knows the heart of a man, but yet insist at the same time you and others can tell whether or not a person is saved for sure. That is a contradiction.

Either man can know the heart of another man or he can not. Which is it? It can't be both.