1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What happens to babies when they die?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by SavedByGrace, Feb 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is no scripture for "age of accountability." That teaching is philosophical, not biblical.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe. We don't know. God has not revealed to us what he chooses. We must place our dead children in God's care and rest in the truth that God's choice is perfect and good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, you quoted a NOTE, not the entire entry which actually sheds more light on the topic. You selectively took the note out of the context of the whole just like you do with Scripture. I guess that shouldn't surprise me at this point. It is what you do.

4. SavedByGrace

SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    do you know anything about translating from original languages? :rolleyes:

5. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    and exactly where did you see this in the Bible?

6. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    I thought I'd address a couple of people who suppose their "theory", that "Elect infants dying in infancy will be saved", is anywhere in the entire teachings of the Holy Bible.

Let us suppose that this is true. Then it raises some important questions. If God saves "elect infants" that die in infancy, then why can't He save ALL the "elect" this way, which is without them having to be preached at, or having to repent and believe in the Gospel? God saves these infants without hearing the Gospel Message, without repenting, without believing, etc, then WHY does He not do the same for ALL of the "elect"? WHY does Jesus Himself say at the end of Mark, "And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation" (16:15), and then go on to say, "Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned"??? Surely this is a total waste of time, to preach to the "elect", and require them to believe, as if they would not? He saves "elect infants" without any of this, and cannot do the same for ALL the "elect"?

This exposes the utter nonsense of this reformed teaching, as the Holy Bible does on the other man-made "theories" that they espouse!

7. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, and I also know we were talking about the theological topic of redemption, not a specific Greek word since we were not even dealing with a specific passage. But that is neither here nor there because you won't really care.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Westminster Confession says that this is true of all the elect who are incapable of responding to an outward call. Personally, I have not taken a position on this.

9. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    really? and YET you have spent the most of THREE days arguing with me on this thread and the other one I did on people being born sinners!!! Talk of double-standards! :eek:

10. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe you just don't comprehend what is going on here. I have never taken a position on what happens to babies when they die. You will not find that in any of our exchanges. What I have actually said is this:

1. The text does not say David's son is in Heaven. (I did not say the baby was not, I said that passage does not state that he is).
    2. There is not a single verse that says infants are not sinners.

That is what I have argued with you about and debated. The reason for that is this, I believe we need to be VERY careful about stating Scripture explicitly says something when it does not. I am not against you having your opinion on this matter. What I am against is you emphatically saying that Scripture says your pinon.

Your opinion on this matter comes from theological reasoning not from direct Scripture. All I have been asking is for enough integrity on your part to admit to that.

11. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    just on your 2 points

1. there is NO other way to undersand this passage than David's joy that he will one day meet up with his dead son. It is rather foolish to suppose that he meant the grave, as NOTHING happens there! nor can they be in hell. You won't accept this because your theology prevents you from doing so!

2. This passage from Samuel about Davids dead son, who is in heaven, shows that he get there without "repenting and believing"!

Your whole "system" is wrong, but you just cannot see this

12. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Think that would better firt the way that God has chosen to reveal Himself to us in the Bible, more of an inference...

13. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    2 of the biggest heresies!

14. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    1. The passage says nothing about joy or celebration. This has nothing to do with my theology, would love to know what part of "my theology" you think is influencing this....
    2. You are building a whole doctrine on something that is not even in the text.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We have to agree with Abraham that the Judge of the earth will do what is the right thing from His viewpoint, and sometimes that just might not as we would have chosen to have it down!

16. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The OT did not have a clear view on heaven, as the OT beleivers saw themselves going to Sheol, and are you saying none be saved apart from repenting and believing in Jesus then?

17. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    I tried to explain the cultural point, it was ignored.

18. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, its called progressive revelation, but many of our points expressed seemed to have been "missed"

19. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    The points don't miss. sbw has his deflector shields up to avoid discussion of the actual text.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Interesting that someone who seems to hold to more of Pel viewpoint would call themselves saved by grace!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.