1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What has Obama done to Divide the Country?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Zaac, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Oh gosh man. You and a lot of folks on here have opinions about what you think I do. Most folks who belong to the political party whose ideology swamps this board feel that way. As with slavery and Jim Crow, some of ya think you can keep Christ out of the conversation to keep ya from having to deal with the complicit wickedness.

I'm gonna continue to point it out for what it is.

And I see you're as silly as some of the others if you think i'm dismissed by you crying race baiting. Nice Sean Hannity training.

I mean seriously. Do the lot of you REALLY think I'm moved that you cry "race baiting" while dismissing the racism and racial prejudice? I'd almost laugh if it weren't so ridiculously pathetic.

Nice none answer. Obama couldn't use me if he wanted to. It's just easier for folks like you to blame him when I point the finger at the purveyors of the real racial wickedness and division.

It's like the lot of you think you can say unarmed black people who are murdered by the police got what they deserved, or "their parents should have trained them better", or refer to the President as dumb, etc. and then say "The President is divisive" and then think that everyone with good sense isn't gonna look at ya like you're senile.

Now follow the letters on the page. Some of you are so full of yourselves that you cry "divisive" as much as you think folks race bait.
    The constant defensiveness, by your protestations of innocence, by your denials that anything is wrong and that it's always everybody else doing the dividing...it's nothing more than the signing of a confession.

You may not be able to handle the truth and thus end up crying race baiting and divisive. But you not being able to handle it doesn’t make it any less factual.
    Sounds like you've been spending too much time on InfoWars listening to Alex.
    Well, one must deduce that if you're not standing up for right, that you're standing up for the one who is against that right. Happens when politics and conspiracy becomes a person's god.;)

Your problem is you're sick of seeing the right of Christ used to combat the wickedness you don't think exists. It's okay. upload_2016-1-18_22-53-35.png The folks who have really done the dividing have been claiming for the last 400 years that they aren't doing anything.

Come up with some new material.Thumbsup

2. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    President Obama has always made it clear that his desire is/was to change the prevailing American politic "Hope and change we can believe in" to his own acquired view of economics, social justice and almost every other aspect of life.

Personally I believe the most offensive area is in the sphere of "American exceptionalism" which rubs many (maybe even most) of his own devotees the wrong way.

To publicly acknowledge this feeling would of course be a death bell toll for any brave enough (not conservatives of course) to admit to this feeling.

He seems to be deeply angered by the reality of the populace slogan "My country right or wrong" and has been adamant in tearing it down clearly illustrated in his statement
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/2008/apr/14/barackobama.uselections2008

His freedom of association has also angered many on "both sides of the aisle" RE: His choice of personal religious leaders - Jeremiah Wright who publicly blasphemed God and cursed America. Bill Ayers, George Soros...

http://www.keywiki.org/Barack_Obama_-_Controversial_and_Radical_Associates

There are many other areas, too many to cover in one forum in which he has angered many.

"if you like your doctor...", "I have a pen and a phone", " The holy Koran" and on and on...

Admittedly certain pundits and public media have fanned the flames of discontent concerning our most controversial president (IMO) who has indeed caused division (again IMO).

HankD

3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

What exactly do you believe that "prevailing American politic" to be?

That's the same thing that every President brings to the table. That's why they run. They want to bring their own view of those things to the table to effect change.

Is there a President who hasn't done this?
    Again, this speaks to a lot of folks being enamored more with their citizenship than they are with citizens. When he took office as the country was heading into an almost Depression-like recession because of good old fashioned American GREED, not exceptionalism, what should he have been saying?

And this whole "American Exceptionalism" bit is just another Fox News, conservative talk radio generated sound byte with which the right picked up and ran.

Him pointing out the country's failures and injustices doesn't undermine the country's exceptionalism except in the minds of folks who believe we should be bragging on our exceptionalism while the country is financially teetering because of the greed of a select few.

So because he chose to be honest with his feelings rather than stick his head in the ground and pretend like everything was okay...

When are folks gonna get sick and tired of pretending like everything is okay when everything ISN'T okay?

Again, I am flummoxed with why so many Christians have a problem with calling wrong what it is?

His statement was nothing but the absolute truth. It's the same reason Donald Trump is where he is today and so many folks telling a lie about the President "coming to take their guns away".

You can't please everyone. His association with a church hasn't divided the country. If that were the case, the same folks saying that should have said the same about a Mormon being the GOP nominee. I mean seriously. Who is gonna believe that division in America was brought about by a man's pastor blaspheming God when the same folks saying this turn around and vote for a man who 100%, absolutely rejects Jesus Christ?
    "weapons of mass destruction", "Christians and Muslims worship the same god"---just to name a couple from George W Bush. Yet no one was talking about him personally dividing the country.

He's the most controversial because he's the first to stand up to the generations too old myths that certain folks in the country didn't think should be challenged.

It's odd that the one President in recent history who seems to have fought the most for the poor and downtrodden seems the be the one that Christians have the most issues.

Should that be the case?

4. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What I said below - My country right or wrong. Nations like people have sins. America is no exception. We need to at least acknowledge our sins most of which are against our fellow man (black, red, yellow ) and the unborn.

No, but Obama seems more a general offense to conservative minded folk. Nixon had the same effect on progressives when he was in office, Bush Jr. as well but not as pronounced.

IMO, JFK was the best president we have had in my memory. I was in the USAF at the time and he was genuinely admired by just about all including the military.

Granted he had "skeletons" in the closet but I remember him as being well loved by the general population (not completely except of course that sector of folk who were pleased with his assassination.

Agreed on the first part, a Christian's life should not be segmented. I don't know what he could have said I was just giving my impression.

Agreed. Don't get me wrong I love my country, its the government with which I have my problem. America is indeed "exceptional" in one area - its rise to power in a short two centuries and the phenomena of the industrial revolution.

I don't know.

Again I was just giving what I perceive to be the general perception. I must admit however that I was a little amazed by Wright's public blasphemy and curse of America.

Don't forget "read my lips" from Bush Sr.

No.

To be honest, I don't like him mostly because of the abortion issue. He shed tears for those babes shot by armed adults but where were/are the tears for the aborted millions? Those who are IMO the most "poor and downtrodden" to the shame of this administration and all others who supported it.

Yes, I know that Roe vs Wade happened under a Republican administration which is why I am reluctant to identify with either major party.

HankD

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

My problem is I see you promoting wickedness and calling it good then stamping your own wicked works with Christ's name as if that makes you some kind of righteous holy warrior called by God.

You aren't a holy warrior you're just another phony "social justice warrior" that likes to stir up division and strife to keep people from coming together for a common cause, defending everyone's individual rights. If you really cared about black lives or any lives for that matter you'd be trying to unite all people instead of keeping everyone divided into bickering groups.

You aren't doing Christ's work, you're doing Soros' work.

#25 poncho, Jan 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

But Hank, has he not done this? I don't recall him disavowing that the United States is the greatest country in the world. But he has also acknowledged a lot of things that are wrong about this country. Things that have been glossed over and straight ignored for centuries.

So whats divisive about telling the truth of this nation? That's not a disowning. That's standing up like a man and taking responsibility.

So this whole divisiveness thing is, as I suspected, a political construct that really is more about political positions than it is about the people of the country.

You know, what I have noticed historically is that people admire those others tell them they should admire. JFK is one. Reagan is another. MLK Jr also comes to mind. They all did some great things. But they also did some things that, if they were read before any Baptist church, the old ladies would be passing out in disgrace.

That's true of a lot of politicians , it seems. There always seems to be a public face, and the uglier private face.

i understand.

I wasn't. I've gotten to visit a lot of inner city churches, and a lot of little country churches. It's one thing these pastors aren't and that's bashful about what they believe. I think what he said harkened to what you may have heard from a lot of predominately black congregated churches back during Jim Crow. Publicly it would have probably gotten a lot of folks killed. But the congregants were still hearing it.

Good one.

That's why neither he nor Hillary could ever have my vote. If you don't love Jesus and show me that you have no love for people inside and outside the womb, I will NEVER vote for you.

I won't do it because in addition to the abortion issue, there is just entirely too much wickedness coming out of both major parties.

7. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

What ever happened to the old Zaac that spent his every waking moment here telling us we're all wicked for not spending our every waking moment preaching the gospel?

The "sermon" you've been preaching for years can be summed up in one short sentence Zaac.

"Do as Zaac says not as Zaac does or you're 'wicked'."

#27 poncho, Jan 19, 2016
  8. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agreed. Its awful - the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes and the pride of life reigns supreme on the hill, on both sides of the aisle.

Maybe my perception is distorted but to be forthright I feel "left" wickedness is generally worse than "right".

But, I guess its folly to try to measure the amount or degree of wickedness in each of us. There is that temptation though. Romney (though a "cultist") did seem a man of morals over others.

I've lost hope for our government unless of course God intervenes.

HankD

9. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

The problem Zaac goes out of his way to ignore is that a small group of "elites" have imposed their will on everyone by keeping us all divided into groups and fighting among ourselves.

Their worst fear is that we will stop fighting each other and unite to fight against our common enemy, the global elite that want to enslave us all.

Zaac is like one of the global elite's dutiful little "worker bees" that goes around driving wedges to widen the divide between people so the wicked of this world can stay on their ill gotten thrones.

The worst part about it is Zaac actually believes he's doing all this in Christ's name. No, Zaac. You're taking Christ's name in vain every time you claim to be acting in His name. You aren't. You're acting as an agent for the New World Order.

If you have a monopoly on the love of Christ in you as you are so fond of claiming I have to tell ya it's hard to see through all the hatred, division and strife you keep sowing.

#29 poncho, Jan 19, 2016
  10. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    War is Peace; Geo. Orwell

Did Orwell mean that when the sheeple are at war with each other the evil shepherds are at peace among themselves?

HankD

11. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Zaac isn't a shepherd. He's a farmer, he's busy sowing a crop of hatred and division and using Jesus' name to give it the appearance of "righteousness".

There's no love in what he's doing.

#31 poncho, Jan 19, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

What small group of elites poncho? Who are these elite who are causing folks who say they are followers of Christ out one side of their mouths to mistreat and malign everyone who doesn't hold their political POVs out the other side of their mouths?

I think you give the global elite too much credit. It's not the global elite making supposed Christians say that murdered unarmed black men are getting what they deserve. It's not the global elite making supposed Christians to proclaim that Blacks aren't policed differently. It's not the global elite causing supposed white Christians to complain about discrimination against themselves, but unable to comprehend why Blacks still complain about discrimination. It's not the global elite who have caused supposed Christians to malign and devalue and marginalize every thing that Blacks say they experience.

And poncho is the willing pawn of the right winged conspiracy theorists cut from the same cloth as the ones who were around during slavery and Jim Crow trying to convince folks that those Black folks were really complaining about nothing.

And the worst thing about poncho is that he thinks he and his lil global elitist excuse speech can blind me and others from the truth delivered by the Holy Spirit. He takes Christ's name in vain every time he speaks against the which Christ has said to do, and all because he needs his little conspiracy theories to be the truth. He just can't accept that there are more and more folks on the right everyday pretending that they follow Christ while spreading their wicked racism and racial prejudice.

And if you have a monopoly on the truth of Christ which you seem to be so fond of claiming with your silly conspiracies, I have to tell ya it's impossible to see through all the division you sow by marginalizing the truth of what Blacks say is taking place.

You'd fit right in with the Jim Crow crew.

#32 Zaac, Jan 19, 2016
  13. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

There you go again sounding like the Pharisees trying to stop Jesus from standing up for the poor and mistreated. I bet you know the name of the global elite who was encouraging Jesus to be so divisive in the name of God too.:rolleyes:

You sound like someone who would have been right at home sitting with the high priests and tearing your robes because that there Jesus dared to speak the truth in the face of your foolishness.:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  14. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't believe so. He's just as phony about that as he is everything else, maybe more so.

15. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe the question should be what has he done to unite the country. Oh wait! You probably don't hear that one a lot, do you? Nevermind, don't want to complicate things for ya... ;)

16. Kevin

Kevin Active Member

He is a TROLL plain and simple. I have not been around this forum that long, but I have seen enough to be able to tell that all he does is cause trouble, and he enjoys doing it. In typical liberal fashion he resorts to name calling, when he gets backed into a corner trying to back his foolish trash.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

So I wonder what that makes the foolish one who just called me a name?Whistling

18. JPPT1974

JPPT1974 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I did not vote for him in either election. What does that say. Leave it at that.

19. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And there you are equating yourself with Jesus...again.

20. Kevin

Kevin Active Member

Troll as defined in Dictionary.com
    a person who posts inflammatory or inappropriate messages or comments online for the purpose of upsetting other users and provoking a response.

I wasn't name calling, I was pointing out a fact. You chose to do it, but you claim to do it in the name of Christ, which is even worse.

So that makes me the foolish one, how?