1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What if you dont agree with all Calvanism where does that put you?

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Denise Swiney, Jul 18, 2003.

1. Ron Grove

Ron Grove New Member

Hello Denise,

It does to mine as well and that's why I had to disagree. Please see my post in response for my feelings on this very important matter. Hopefully the reasons for my disagreement were expressed clearly and conveyed in a manner appropriate for this topic so close to the Christian heart.

I understand what you are going through. It laid heavy on my heart as I searched through many authors comparing their arguments against scripture. Also much prayer for wisdom and understanding of what scripture teaches went into my study. Please keep in mind that God's plans are always rooted in his attributes, which are perfect. His justice is perfect and his love and mercy are perfect. For me this requires that no one on the last day will be without excuse. I will refer back to my analogy of the prisoner on death row here as well. In the end I can tell you confidently that my trust and confidence in God deepened greatly in the process. I pray that God blesses your study of these things in abundance.

In Christ,
    Ron

2. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

Still, the revelations they were given regarding the Messiah were in bits and pieces. The sacrificial system did not actually save, as the New Testament tells us, but it was the faith they acted out in following the Law that saved them. 1 Pet. 1:10-12, by the way, is referring to prophets, and most believe the prophets were the only ones who received the Spirit (for the purpose of revelation, not regeneration) in the Old Testament.

3. Ron Grove

Ron Grove New Member

4. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

I wasn't saying you believed the sacrifices saved. Only building my statement that it was faith that saved, rather than the actual works God commanded the people. :cool:

5. Ron Grove

Ron Grove New Member

Then we never really disagreed. I always like that! [​IMG] Now gotta go walk the dog... [​IMG]

In Christ,
    Ron

6. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are any that the Father gave the Son to save going to be lost and perish?... Does God need the help of any man besides his Son Jesus Christ the perfect sinless man to save any in an eternal sense?... What about ther declaration of the Angel to Mary... Thou SHALL bring forth a SON and thou SHALL call his name JESUS... For he SHALL SAVE HIS PEOPLE FROM THEIR SINS!... Did he do what the Angel said he would do?... Search the scriptures FOR IN THEM... Ye think ye have Eternal Life... And THEY ARE THEY.... THAT TESTIFY OF ME!... I worship a GOD of WILL and PURPOSE and none can stay his hand... My GOD is not the GOD of chance!... He WILL SAVE ALL his grace wrought blood bought children and none will be left out!... Brother Glen [​IMG]

7. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ah, here is a problem. YOU think that GOD is "not fair" if all people do not have an equal chance.

I've run across this typical thinking in a post-modern society that demands "fairness" and not justice. Fairness would be to let all go to hell (of their own depravity-controled will).

So thankful God is NOT fair. That He chose ANYONE is pure unadulterated Grace.

8. Primitive Baptist

Primitive Baptist New Member

Sister, you would probably feel at home in a Primitive Baptist church. Wew worship the "Old-Fashioned" way, as you say. We don't have instrumental music, sunday schools, vacation Bible schools, and all that type of thing. No idols and images in our meeting houses. We also do not agree with Calvinism totally. We believe in Total Depravity, Unconditional Election, Limited Atonement, Irresistible Grace, and the Preservation of the Saints, but we do NOT believe that God predestinated all things. That is where we differ from Calvinists. We also have questioned the whole idea espoused by most that if a missionary does not preach to the heathen they absolutely cannot have eternal life. What of the heathen who lived in America for above 1,492 years (at least) without a gospel church or anything like that? The reason they believe that, though, is because they have a false idea about what the Gospel is.

9. Denise Swiney

Denise Swiney New Member

i never said that God was not fair. I also agree that in fairness all should go to hell. I do not deserve heaven nor does anyone deserve heaven. It is by grace and not works lest any man should boast. God did not have to save my dirty soul but he did.
    All I am saying is this, God gave His Son Jesus on the Cross, For all that would accept Him. I have seen many people die rejecting Christ, they have been given the Gospel but yet they refuse to accept Gods free gift, I have seen many gladly accept it. God did not withold the Gospel to either. He knew which would accept it and which would not.
    Did he not give the one who wouldnt an opportunity?
    Matthew 5:45
    That ye may be children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
    God is Just he can be nothing but Just, Im just saying I see no justice in all not having an equal opportunity or chance, because I cannot see that they do not. You can take it however you please.
    I am most definetly not of the modern thinking, and I do not like being labeled that way.

If you want to label me a modernist go right ahead. [​IMG] all who know me would enjoy that one.

Sis Denise
    The ground at the foot of the cross is level!

10. Yelsew

Yelsew Guest

No dear one, not a can or a bucket either, just one worm, but it wriggles around a lot!