1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What IFB or Traditional Baptist Doctrine Do You Reject? .....

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by IveyLeaguer, Apr 5, 2010.

1. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

Pacifism ain't liberal. Sorry. There are lots of "fundies" and evangelicals who are pacifists.

Not saying I am, but I know some people.

2. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

I am sorry I missed reading yours earlier. This is good.

I agree, of course with the exception of male-only, the elder leadership is probably the best fit for our contemporary situation.

Yes, yes, yes. I have been saying this for a long time. In fact, my stance on this matter is that the worship service should be just that - corporate worship, which, by definition excludes non-believers. It's not that non-believers can't attend, but the focus of the service shouldn't be evangelistic. Evangelism can be a byproduct, but the invitation is a holdover from revivalist influence.

We're so pragmatic that we feel like we have to be doing more tangible efforts, but I agree with a theologian who said worship should be a "royal waste of time."

...okay...strange...but I think I still agree

BA-BAM!!!

I am one of three people on this forum that agrees with this.

Thank you for sharing great thoughts.